Re: PASSED! Now what?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by smackedass, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    Start your own business.

    smackedass

    smackedass, Sep 19, 2006

  2. smackedass

    Guest

    Re: PASSED! Now what?

    That would be nice, maybe someday. I should also mention that I am
    flat broke :)

    smackedass wrote:
    > Start your own business.
    >
    > smackedass
    >

    > "cbob" <> wrote in message
    > >I just passed my A+ tests yesterday. I plan on getting my NET+ next, but
    > > really need to get a job. Any advice on where to look? I have checked
    > > out wanted ads and employment and temp agencies, but don't know what would
    > > be best. Should I simply start sending my resume to local companies?
    > > While this is my first cert, I also have a bachelors degree in an
    > > unrelated field.
    > >
    > > Thanks for the advice!
    > >
    > > -Carlo

    , Sep 20, 2006

  3. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    Re: PASSED! Now what?

    <> wrote in message
    > That would be nice, maybe someday. I should also mention that I am
    > flat broke :)

    I'm sorry, my rather direct response may have come off as being a rather
    facetious response. I shall now elaborate...

    -You have a bachelor's degree, in an unrelated field. May I presume that
    you're now intending to switch careers? If that's the plan, UNLESS you have
    a fair amount of informal IT experience, and have a resume, and references,
    and can produce fast answers during an IT position interview, you're in for
    an uphill battle. While IT is in somewhat of an economic rebound, the
    competition is still fierce. (Well, maybe you're great looking, or have
    great connections, or have some unusual quality...if any or all of these
    apply, please ignore my rant and accept my aplolgies)

    In the meantime, during your search, do yourself a favor: attempt to start
    your own business. You'll learn more than you could ever imagine, you will
    make at least, a little bit of money while you're unemployed, you'll find
    contacts, and, who knows, you just make a go of it on your own!

    As far as being flat broke: one never knows, they might get flat brokER,
    while holding out for a "dream" job. While you're sitting around, hopefully
    doing not absolutely nothing, get OUT there, say to people, hey, I can help
    you...I don't know where you are, geographically, but there are SO MANY
    CLUELESS PEOPLE out there, they're not that hard to find, and most of them
    NEED to USE their computer, for one thing or another! No, you won't become
    a millionaire today or tomorrow, but a proactive approach is better than no
    approach.

    My very best, sincere, wishes,

    smackedass

    smackedass, Sep 22, 2006
  4. smackedass

    Tom Miller Guest

    Re: PASSED! Now what?

    Best Buys Greek Squad hires A+ types. Lots of "Help Desk" /Customer Support
    Representatives want A+ as part of their screenouts. So while searching for
    A+ on www.careerbuilder.com doesn't produce that many responses, help desk
    does....

    Tom

    Tom Miller, Oct 18, 2006