    Go2ITGroup - "Field Technician"
    CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+)
    Microsoft (MCDST)

    JayDNash, Nov 7, 2007

  2. JayDNash

    Paul S. Guest

    Thanks for the reply James. i suppose i'll simply have to exercise my
    patience. i already have a Windows Live ID, Hotmail account not necessary by
    the way, as well as my MCP ID which was issued at the testing center. i'm
    just waiting for confirmation from Microsoft and an access code to get into
    the MCP pages.

    i assume that my access code for the MCP website will arrive either by email
    or snail mail?

    Thanks again.

    Paul S., Nov 7, 2007

  3. JayDNash

    Paul S. Guest

    FYI. If anyone else is interested in this topic, i have found a little more
    info:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive...here-apparently-not-your-mcp-welcome-kit.aspx

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/kits/default.mspx

    It's not pretty. If Microsoft wants to keep their certification program
    compelling to IT pros. they really need to move the program into the 21st
    century. It shouldn't take days to send an email confirmation of an
    electronic transaction and then months to send a welcome kit. These are 19th
    century, snail mail speeds!

    Paul S., Nov 7, 2007