Re: Passed 70-290....Barely

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by molsonexpert, Mar 14, 2005.

  1. molsonexpert

    molsonexpert Guest

    "Some Guy" <> wrote in message
    > Ok So I passed the dreaded 70-290 today. Passing Score....700
    > Myscore....700.
    >
    > Yep, squeaked by on that one. Happy I passed but disappointed by the
    > score. I was fairly confident during the test finished 40 questions in
    > 45 minutes (maybe thats why my score sucked). Had to guess at 3 of
    > them. Mainly the VBscript questions.
    >
    > For those interested, I used Exam Cram 2 (excellent), MS Server2003
    > Administrators guide (pretty Good)and MS Press Managing and maintaining
    > Server 2003 Training Kit (Sucked). Matter of fact it sucked so bad I
    > wont be using the MS press training kits again. Oversimplyfied, didnt
    > really address the pertinent info. Some will say "well did you read the
    > recomended reading?" I say BS. If its important put it in the book
    > if the books to big, create to parts. I paid 60 bucks for a book I
    > want all the info to be there.
    >
    > I have no Employed tech backround but have been using this stuff for a
    > long time on a personal level.
    >
    > Someguy

    Congrats. A pass is a pass. I sailed through 70-290 thinking it was way too
    east and wound up with a 775.

    steve.
    molsonexpert, Mar 14, 2005

  2. molsonexpert

    James Guest

    yes congrats, I also passed it, all I've got left is the 70-291 for my MCSA,
    which I would like to do before the end of this month, seeing as I'm not to
    sure I like the new simulation thing that starts at the end of this month...

    James, Mar 14, 2005

  3. molsonexpert

    Bobby Guest

    Hi Some Guy,

    Perhaps you should do 70-291 first as the 2nd shot promotion is still on
    unless you are confident that you will pass the 1st time you take that exam.

    The following link has the info.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Mar 15, 2005
  4. molsonexpert

    Michael Guest

    Yeah, the Sec+ is tough. I passed it, but it was hard.
    It covers a broad field of knowledge.
    I used the Microsoft book and two books from Sybex
    (Security+ 2nd Ed. and Security+ Fast Pass) for
    preparation. The Sybex books are very good.
    I did the test in Germany, so I got some extra time for a
    non-native speaker...
    Learn everything you can about security basics.

    Michael
    MCP MCSA Security+
    Michael, Mar 17, 2005