Re: Partition tool

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by why?, Oct 22, 2008.

  1. why?

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:00:10 +0100, Trent SC wrote:

    >[Running Windows XP SP3]
    >
    >My colleague's laptop hard drive is partitioned into two - C and D, with C
    >only taking up 13GB while D is around 80GB. C is rapidly filling up with
    >systems and application files, and I was wondering whether there was a free
    >tool which allowed her to re-define the partitions to a more balanced level
    >(a 50/50 split would be better) without having to reinstall everything.

    No reinstall allowing for having a couple of working backups as a
    precaution.

    Some of the things mentioned in 24HSHD before

    Check the docs for these -

    copied from an earlier post :)
    gparted http://gparted.sourceforge.net/ on it's own or the Knoppix
    option below.

    Ranish www.ranish.com/part/

    Knoppix Live CD should have gparted on it.

    How to resize the /home partition? [Archive] - Ubuntu Forums
    9 posts - Last post: 31 Aug 2005
    I'm afraid that if I do this in Win XP, it will mess up the Ubuntu ... I
    have used knoppix's live cd v3.7 to resize windows partitions and ...
    http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-60277.html - 9k - Cached -
    Similar pages - Note this

    There are lots of tech forum and Linux forum threads about this, so see
    how others got on and what worked for them.

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 5,260 for
    Knoppix Live CD resize xp partition
    .. (0.30 seconds)