Re: Paradise PDQ connecting intermittently: Modem ?.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by PeeCee, Dec 24, 2009.

  1. PeeCee

    PeeCee Guest

    "Corky" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Everyone
    >
    > My connection to the Paradise PDQ is crap. My modem consistently shows
    > the PPP light off and at times the DSL light is also off. God knows
    > how many times I have to disconnect the modem and restart it only for
    > the connection not to start or drop off after only several minutes on
    > the Internet.
    > I rang the helpdesk this morning and he ran a test on my phone line
    > saying it was good but could see my PDQ connection had dropped off
    > three times between 7.30am and my phone call at 8.30am when there was
    > no one at home.
    > I have had my modem for just over two years and was told it could be
    > the modem but they won't replace it as it was a special deal I signed
    > up to two years ago and the onus is on me to prove the modem is at
    > fault. Well seeing as my phone works fine and the only other thing
    > between my phone line and PC is the friggin modem I would have
    > thought it was obvious the modem was at fault.
    >
    > Any advice anyone as I am paying for a service using their equipment
    > which isn't working.?.

    Corky

    If it's a Dynalink modem, 99% chance the modem is crook.
    If it is a Dynalink, beg, borrow another Modem and test.
    If it is the Modem hit them with the CGA 'fit for purpose' etc.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Dec 24, 2009