Re: Paradise new Server Problems

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Brian Boutel, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. Brian Boutel

    Brian Boutel Guest

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:

    > Seems like its dropped out, no new Items for to-day

    Yes. Certainly no non-local groups, but you can still read messages that
    are already there.

    Same thing happened a couple of days ago.

    --brian

    --
    Brian Boutel
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Brian Boutel, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Brian Boutel

    Don Hills Guest

    Re: Paradise new Server Problems

    In article <42268daf$>,
    Brian Boutel <> wrote:
    |Yes. Certainly no non-local groups, but you can still read messages that
    |are already there.

    On the phone to them now...

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    -- Microsoft advertisement on the box for Windows 2.11 for 286
    Don Hills, Mar 3, 2005

  3. Brian Boutel

    Don Hills Guest

    Re: Paradise new Server Problems

    In article <AXqJCFY/>,
    (Don Hills) wrote:

    >On the phone to them now...

    Sigh... significant lack of clue, all they can see is that it appears to only
    affect cable Paradise and Clear users. They tried via dialup and saw new messages.
    The tech is going to leave a message to the night shift guy about it, in the
    meantime the suggested action plan is to wait and see if it fixes itself.
    About time to find another ISP... the simple answer would be to simply
    subscribe to a good news server, but why should Paradise get the same amount
    of money from me while providing less service?

    Don Hills, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Brian Boutel

    Invisible Guest

    On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 18:05:10 +1200, (Don Hills) wrote:

    >In article <AXqJCFY/>,
    > (Don Hills) wrote:
    >>
    >>On the phone to them now...

    >Sigh... significant lack of clue, all they can see is that it appears to only
    >affect cable Paradise and Clear users.

    >They tried via dialup and saw new messages.

    That's more than I'm seeing. Idiots. How many 'new' ones did they see? There's
    been less than 10 all day!
    Invisible, Mar 3, 2005