Re: Paradise Dial in

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Tony, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    I already have an external US Robotics modem...

    I have been with Paradise since 1999, and things have been fine until a
    month ago.

    "Master Tech ©" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 23:20:21 +1200, "Tony" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Is anyone else still having problems with Paradise???
    > >

    > >This has been happening for me for over a month now.
    > >

    > Yes get a good Modem..
    >

    > >"Ron" <> wrote in message
    > >> I've been using Paradise in the Wellington area since it's conception
    > >> without a problem.
    > >>
    > >> The last two weeks have been a disaster, dial in failures, drop offs

    > >during
    > >> downloading, 12 second inactivity gaps during downloads.
    > >>
    > >> We have two lines and it happens on both, we use two PC's with the same
    > >> Dynalink external modems. I borrowed a laptop with the same results.
    > >>
    > >> Paradise tell me it's my fault I need to address faults in all my

    modems.

    Tony, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Tony

    Wyn Guest

    "JB" <> wrote in message
    > I've had connectivity / dialin probs lately - seems to take ages for
    > authentication - verifying user ID password / logon to network etc. some
    > times up to 20 - 30 seconds.
    >
    > Haven't changed anything on the PC / Dial /TCP-IP etc

    That's strange. I had the same problems a couple of months ago, but it seems
    to have improved over the last fortnight. At one time OE would be sitting
    there for 45 seconds "Connecting...".

    One thing I have noticed. I find that using Mailwasher before OE that
    Mailwasher connects almost immediately, far faster than OE, so maybe OE is
    the problem.

    Wyn

    Wyn, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Tony

    JB Guest

    Ahh!!! but I always dial up first before opening any apps like OE or IE

    Cheers

    JB

    JB, Jul 13, 2003
  4. Tony

    Wyn Guest

    "JB" <> wrote in message
    > Ahh!!! but I always dial up first before opening any apps like OE or IE
    >
    > Cheers

    I suppose you have your reasons. Why not try the other way?

    Cheers,

    Wyn

    Wyn, Jul 13, 2003