Re: Paper certs....

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Brendon, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Brendon

    Brendon Guest

    Too many paper MCSE's only study what is required to pass the exam and if
    you (not you personally) only study what is required to pass an exam then
    you don't have the skills or knowledge to deal with the situation in the
    real world.

    In my opinion the exams don't test enough real-world scenarios and, because
    the exams are set by MS, test and push those features which MS thinks are
    important but which are not often used in the trenches.

    Having said that, I think there has been a definite improvement in the
    quality of the exams from NT4 to W2K.

    Having a paper cert is better than not having one at all but having a cert
    combined with experience is the best combination.

    Regards

    Brendon

    Brendon, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Brendon

    Spike Driver Guest

    On more statement.

    What do you carry around a cert or the the Unix of Nt manul or hit the
    knowledge base. I never did understand how certs are proof you you problem
    solving skills. Albert Einstine (hope I spelled it right) said it the best
    "Never remember what you can easily look up."

    Pease, do I make sense?

    Spike Driver, Aug 1, 2003