Re: Panda Platinum Internet Security 2006 & FF 1.5.0.7

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Sep 20, 2006.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    "." <> wrote in message
    >I have the current version of Panda Platinum Internet Security 2006 on
    > my computer. It's an antivirus/antispyware/firewall suite that tends to
    > overstate its contribution to keeping my computer safe.
    >
    > Yesterday, Firefox automatically downloaded the 1.5.0.7 update. When I
    > quit FF and restarted it, allowing the update to install, Firefox could
    > no longer access anything on the web. I wouldn't get an error message,
    > the browser would just "spin and spin" for several minutes, unable to
    > load anything.
    >
    > Disabling Panda would immediately fix this and FF could load web pages
    > immediately, not requiring a restart. Re-enabling Panda would again
    > disable FF's web access.
    >
    > Nothing in Panda's cheesy support section or knowledgebase describes my
    > specific problem, and I have emailed their customer support for help
    > (and a request for a refund if they can't fix my problem). There is one
    > item in there about a browser (not specifically Firefox) having trouble
    > connecting to "certain web sites" (as opposed to me not connecting to
    > anything), but I downloaded and installed the hotfix they had available,
    > restarted my computer, and nothing.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Try another browser and see if the same thing happens.
    You might have to reset the firewall settings to allow the new update.
    richard, Sep 20, 2006

  2. richard wrote:

    > Try another browser and see if the same thing happens.

    It won't, as the (other browser's) program hasn't changed so the
    firewall will still allow it.

    > You might have to reset the firewall settings to allow the new update.

    Is there an echo in here?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 20, 2006

  3. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 05:00:59 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Is there an echo in here?

    Give the moron some credit. It's hard enough to learn to type when
    you're as inbred as he is.
    Evan Platt, Sep 20, 2006
  4. Evan Platt wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> Is there an echo in here?

    > Give the moron some credit. It's hard enough to learn to type when
    > you're as inbred as he is.

    <lol!>

    --
    -bts