Re: Panasonic Lumix TZ4

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David J Taylor, Jun 1, 2008.

  1. Boogie Woogie wrote:
    > Got an opportunity to pick up one at a real good price. Lately, I've
    > been a Canon man--- but that Leica lens is appealing. Most of the
    > online reviews give it pretty good marks. I'm not sure about the lack
    > of a viewfinder though-- despite it allegedly getting brighter
    > outdoors in the sun.
    >
    > So whaddyall think? Should I buy it-- or take a pass?

    I have the TZ3 and, while the quality is not up to DSLR standards, it's a
    very handy camera to take around, and the wide-angle and 10:1
    image-stabilised zoom are great. I also like it for its movies. Like
    many compact cameras, it is best used at ISO 100 for lowest visible noise.

    No problems with the clear and bright LCD viewfinder, although you may
    need to shield it from the sun in extreme conditions. It does help that I
    am short-sighted, and can look over my glasses at the viewfinder at close
    distance when needed.

    Try one in the shop. I would go for it!

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Jun 1, 2008

  2. David J Taylor

    -=Rob Guest

    Boogie Woogie schreef:

    > Any other opinions on the Lumix TZ4?

    Lumix T5 ;-))

    -=Rob
    -=Rob, Jun 2, 2008

  3. David J Taylor

    Guest

    On Jun 2, 2:38 pm, -=Rob <> wrote:
    > Boogie Woogie schreef:
    >
    > > Any other opinions on the LumixTZ4?

    > Lumix T5  ;-))
    >
    > -=Rob

    I have had the TZ4 for about a month now. This is a good camera with
    one exception. There seems to be a problem when using the video/movie
    mode. On mine, the camera constantly tries to refocus every couple of
    seconds. This causes blurred movies. I have already contacted
    Panasonic about this and they said that they are aware of the problem
    and are waiting to hear back from the factory on how to correct the
    problem. They said it should take a couple of weeks. If not for the
    movie mode problem, this camera would rank really high on my list.
    Focus is quick. Shutter lag isn't a problem and image quality seems to
    be rather good, albeit not the same quality as my dslr, but I didn't
    expect it to be.

    Enjoy,
    Randy
    , Jun 11, 2008