Re: Pairs etc - Eric Stevens comments

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by otter, Jul 22, 2012.

  1. otter

    otter Guest

    On Jul 21, 6:18 pm, Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 17:31:54 +1200, Eric Stevens

    > Pairs_otter_2
    > ---------------
    > A good idea. I like the stand-out red seat. I can't help feeling there
    > ought to be a better viewing point and angle.

    Possibly. But it was the best angle I had given the circumstances. I
    could have shot from the Press Box if I had my 600mm lens, but I
    haven't bought that yet.
    Interesting that no one seems interested in why this seat is red. I
    guess google is everyone's friend.

    > Pairs_otter_3
    > ---------------
    > I presume the pairs are the two antennae towers. I can't help
    > wondering if it might have been improved by a wider angle lens and a
    > little more foreground.

    The triplet of antennas was what fit the mandate. I actually cropped
    some stuff further down that I thought was distracting. No big deal,
    I don't think it is a masterpiece, either.
    otter, Jul 22, 2012

  2. otter

    otter Guest

    On Jul 22, 3:25 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2012-07-22 13:13:10 -0700, otter <> said:
    >
    > > On Jul 21, 6:18 pm, Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    > >> On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 17:31:54 +1200, Eric Stevens

    > >> Pairs_otter_2
    > >> ---------------
    > >> A good idea. I like the stand-out red seat. I can't help feeling there
    > >> ought to be a better viewing point and angle.

    > > Possibly.  But it was the best angle I had given the circumstances.  I
    > > could have shot from the Press Box if I had my 600mm lens, but I
    > > haven't bought that yet.
    > > Interesting that no one seems interested in why this seat is red.  I
    > > guess google is everyone's friend.

    > Damn! You stirred my Sunday curiosity.
    >
    > So it was the Ted Williams Grandstand hampered, long home run marker at
    > Section 42, Row 37, Seat 21.

    The ball landed on Joseph A. Boucher, penetrating his large straw hat
    and hitting him in the head. A confounded Boucher was later quoted as
    saying,
    “How far away must one sit to be safe in this park?"
    otter, Jul 22, 2012

  3. otter

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/22/2012 4:39 PM, otter wrote:
    > On Jul 22, 3:25 pm, Savageduck<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> Possibly. But it was the best angle I had given the circumstances. I
    >>> could have shot from the Press Box if I had my 600mm lens, but I
    >>> haven't bought that yet.
    >>> Interesting that no one seems interested in why this seat is red. I
    >>> guess google is everyone's friend.

    >> Damn! You stirred my Sunday curiosity.
    >>
    >> So it was the Ted Williams Grandstand hampered, long home run marker at
    >> Section 42, Row 37, Seat 21.

    > The ball landed on Joseph A. Boucher, penetrating his large straw hat
    > and hitting him in the head. A confounded Boucher was later quoted as
    > saying,
    > “How far away must one sit to be safe in this park?"

    Ted Williams is pretty cool about things.

    <http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-533849.html>

    --

    PeterN
    PeterN, Jul 22, 2012
  4. otter

    otter Guest

    On Jul 22, 5:42 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 7/22/2012 4:39 PM, otter wrote:

    > >> Damn! You stirred my Sunday curiosity.

    > >> So it was the Ted Williams Grandstand hampered, long home run marker at
    > >> Section 42, Row 37, Seat 21.

    > > The ball landed on Joseph A. Boucher, penetrating his large straw hat
    > > and hitting him in the head. A confounded Boucher was later quoted as
    > > saying,
    > > How far away must one sit to be safe in this park?"

    > Ted Williams is pretty cool about things.
    >
    > <http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-533849.html>

    Looks like he is split over it, and appears to be cracking up.
    otter, Jul 23, 2012
  5. otter

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/23/2012 10:41 AM, otter wrote:
    > On Jul 22, 5:42 pm, PeterN <> wrote:

    >>> The ball landed on Joseph A. Boucher, penetrating his large straw hat
    >>> and hitting him in the head. A confounded Boucher was later quoted as
    >>> saying,
    >>> How far away must one sit to be safe in this park?"

    >> Ted Williams is pretty cool about things.
    >>
    >> <http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-533849.html>

    > Looks like he is split over it, and appears to be cracking up.

    To the point of losing his head.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Jul 24, 2012