Re: P&S sellers getting desperate

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Miles Bader, Aug 14, 2009.

  1. Miles Bader

    Miles Bader Guest

    Alfred Molon <> writes:
    > Look like great little cameras full of features:
    >
    > - 3.5" LCD with 384000 RGB pixel (approx 700x500)
    > - GPS receiver and geotagging
    > - Bluetooth and WLAN
    > - movie recording capability up to 1280x720

    Hmm, everything except good photos...

    -miles

    --
    "Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're
    just making him madder and madder." -- Homer Simpson

    Miles Bader, Aug 14, 2009

  2. Miles Bader

    whisky-dave Guest

    "Miles Bader" <> wrote in message
    > Alfred Molon <> writes:
    >> Look like great little cameras full of features:
    >>
    >> - 3.5" LCD with 384000 RGB pixel (approx 700x500)
    >> - GPS receiver and geotagging
    >> - Bluetooth and WLAN
    >> - movie recording capability up to 1280x720

    > Hmm, everything except good photos...

    Good photos are taken by good photographers not good cameras.

    whisky-dave, Aug 14, 2009

  3. Miles Bader

    Miles Bader Guest

    "whisky-dave" <> writes:
    >>> - 3.5" LCD with 384000 RGB pixel (approx 700x500)
    >>> - GPS receiver and geotagging
    >>> - Bluetooth and WLAN
    >>> - movie recording capability up to 1280x720

    >> Hmm, everything except good photos...

    > Good photos are taken by good photographers not good cameras.

    Nonetheless, photography appears to be a distinctly low-priority for
    this camera.

    -Miles

    --
    My spirit felt washed. With blood. [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]

    Miles Bader, Aug 14, 2009
  4. Miles Bader

    D. Baxter Guest

    On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:33:43 +0900, Miles Bader <> wrote:

    >>> Hmm, everything except good photos...

    >> Good photos are taken by good photographers not good cameras.

    >Nonetheless, photography appears to be a distinctly low-priority for
    >this camera.

    Only in the mind of someone that doesn't know how to properly use any
    camera. A shoe-box with a pinhole in it can also take some exceptional
    photos, if wielded by talented hands. From your words alone I know that I
    wouldn't be wrong in stating that those would not be *your* hands.

    Someone please rename this thread to "DSLR Trolls Getting Desperate". It
    would then be much more truthful and accurate.

    D. Baxter, Aug 14, 2009
  5. Miles Bader

    SMS Guest

    whisky-dave wrote:
    > "Miles Bader" <> wrote in message
    >> Alfred Molon <> writes:
    >>> Look like great little cameras full of features:
    >>>
    >>> - 3.5" LCD with 384000 RGB pixel (approx 700x500)
    >>> - GPS receiver and geotagging
    >>> - Bluetooth and WLAN
    >>> - movie recording capability up to 1280x720

    >> Hmm, everything except good photos...
    >>

    > Good photos are taken by good photographers not good cameras.

    Actually the equipment is an integral part of the process.

    SMS, Aug 14, 2009
  6. Miles Bader

    Ray Fischer Guest

    SMS <> wrote:
    >whisky-dave wrote:

    >>> Hmm, everything except good photos...
    >>>

    >> Good photos are taken by good photographers not good cameras.

    >Actually the equipment is an integral part of the process.

    These folk do pretty decent business selling lenses that are, by
    purely objective standards, crap but which allow for considerable
    artistic freedom.

    http://www.lensbaby.com

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Aug 14, 2009
  7. Miles Bader

    Jake Johnson Guest

    On 14 Aug 2009 18:55:25 GMT, (Ray Fischer) wrote:

    >SMS <> wrote:
    >>whisky-dave wrote:

    >>> Good photos are taken by good photographers not good cameras.

    >>Actually the equipment is an integral part of the process.

    >These folk do pretty decent business selling lenses that are, by
    >purely objective standards, crap but which allow for considerable
    >artistic freedom.
    >
    >http://www.lensbaby.com

    Yes, any DSLR owner (or any virtual-photographer troll that only imagines
    owning a camera) that prides their self on how blurry they can make an
    image by their "superior" shallow DOF would also applaud any optical
    elements that will also blur their images even worse. Never in the history
    of photography has anyone ever given accolades to how blurry their optics
    can make an image, until the DSLR usenet Trolls came along.

    A fool and his money are soon parted.

    LOL

    Jake Johnson, Aug 15, 2009
  8. Miles Bader

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Jake Johnson <> wrote:
    > (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >>SMS <> wrote:

    >>>Actually the equipment is an integral part of the process.

    >>These folk do pretty decent business selling lenses that are, by
    >>purely objective standards, crap but which allow for considerable
    >>artistic freedom.
    >>
    >>http://www.lensbaby.com

    >Yes, any DSLR owner (or any virtual-photographer troll that only imagines
    >owning a camera) that prides their self on how blurry they can make an
    >image by their "superior" shallow DOF would also applaud any optical

    You're just whining because there's _another_ thing that cannot be
    done with a P&S. You don't understand either art or cameras.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Aug 15, 2009
  9. Miles Bader

    Jake Johnson Guest

    On 15 Aug 2009 08:11:30 GMT, (Ray Fischer) wrote:

    >Jake Johnson <> wrote:
    >> (Ray Fischer) wrote:

    >>>These folk do pretty decent business selling lenses that are, by
    >>>purely objective standards, crap but which allow for considerable
    >>>artistic freedom.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.lensbaby.com

    >>Yes, any DSLR owner (or any virtual-photographer troll that only imagines
    >>owning a camera) that prides their self on how blurry they can make an
    >>image by their "superior" shallow DOF would also applaud any optical

    >You're just whining because there's _another_ thing that cannot be
    >done with a P&S. You don't understand either art or cameras.

    Yes, of course. You must be right.

    <major eye-roll>

    Jake Johnson, Aug 15, 2009
  10. Miles Bader

    Miles Bader Guest

    (Ray Fischer) writes:
    > You're just whining because there's _another_ thing that cannot be
    > done with a P&S. You don't understand either art or cameras.

    He doesn't understand netnews either, judging from the blatantly obvious
    sock-puppets he uses to reply to himself...

    -Miles

    --
    Circus, n. A place where horses, ponies and elephants are permitted to see
    men, women and children acting the fool.

    Miles Bader, Aug 15, 2009
  11. Miles Bader

    SMS Guest

    Ray Fischer wrote:

    > You're just whining because there's _another_ thing that cannot be
    > done with a P&S. You don't understand either art or cameras.

    Everyone should be good at something. You and I are good at photography.
    Our favorite troll is good at editing message headers.

    SMS, Aug 16, 2009
  12. Miles Bader

    Miles Bader Guest

    SMS <> writes:
    >> You're just whining because there's _another_ thing that cannot be
    >> done with a P&S. You don't understand either art or cameras.

    > Everyone should be good at something. You and I are good at
    > photography. Our favorite troll is good at editing message headers.

    He's actually not very good at that either...
    (i.e., still very easy to killfile)

    -miles

    --
    ((lambda (x) (list x x)) (lambda (x) (list x x)))

    Miles Bader, Aug 16, 2009
  13. Miles Bader

    Twibil Guest

    On Aug 15, 7:28 pm, SMS <> wrote:

    > > You're just whining because there's _another_ thing that cannot be
    > > done with a P&S.  You don't understand either art or cameras.

    > Everyone should be good at something. You and I are good at photography.
    > Our favorite troll is good at editing message headers.

    There's a difference: Photography is a skill.

    Twibil, Aug 16, 2009
  14. Miles Bader

    Ray Fischer Guest

    SMS <> wrote:
    >Ray Fischer wrote:
    >
    >> You're just whining because there's _another_ thing that cannot be
    >> done with a P&S. You don't understand either art or cameras.

    >Everyone should be good at something. You and I are good at photography.

    I'm just good enough to know how good I'm not.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Aug 16, 2009
  15. Miles Bader

    Bob Larter Guest

    Jake Johnson wrote:
    > On 14 Aug 2009 18:55:25 GMT, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >
    >> SMS <> wrote:

    >>> Actually the equipment is an integral part of the process.

    >> These folk do pretty decent business selling lenses that are, by
    >> purely objective standards, crap but which allow for considerable
    >> artistic freedom.
    >>
    >> http://www.lensbaby.com

    > Yes, any DSLR owner (or any virtual-photographer troll that only imagines
    > owning a camera) that prides their self on how blurry they can make an
    > image by their "superior" shallow DOF

    Your jealousy of the shallow DoF that DSLRs are capable of is pretty
    damn funny.

    Bob Larter, Aug 17, 2009