Re: Overheard

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by slumpy, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as longshotjohn7 continued:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >> Today, sitting below London bridge, right by the Thames,

    > Aqua Punani
    >
    > I don't think you were.
    >
    > http://www.roadtripamerica.com/places/havasu.htm
    >
    > London Bridge Group? London Bridge Hotel? I can't find any sense to
    > your post. Mebbe a google on the aqua reference is in order?

    http://uk.geocities.com/slumpy_uk/londonbridge.jpg

    And if you can't work it out, it makes perfect sense in this context.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 6, 2003

  2. slumpy

    paul s Guest

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:47:23 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    > This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Wed, 6 Aug 2003 19:07:41
    > +0100, slumpy uttered this:
    >
    >>"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >>threw back my head and roared with laughter as longshotjohn7 continued:

    >>> Aqua Punani
    >>>
    >>> I don't think you were.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.roadtripamerica.com/places/havasu.htm
    >>>
    >>> London Bridge Group? London Bridge Hotel? I can't find any sense to
    >>> your post. Mebbe a google on the aqua reference is in order?

    >>http://uk.geocities.com/slumpy_uk/londonbridge.jpg
    >>
    >>And if you can't work it out, it makes perfect sense in this context.

    > Heh. It doesn't surprise me that he's only looked in the US for it. When the
    > Americans bought London Bridge, they *thought* they were buying Tower Bridge!!

    Caveat Emptor.

    --
    Paul S
    - Jimmie crack corn and I don't care...what kind of lousy attitude -

    paul s, Aug 6, 2003

  3. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as paul s continued:

    > On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:47:23 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Wed, 6 Aug 2003
    >> 19:07:41 +0100, slumpy uttered this:
    >>
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as longshotjohn7
    >>> continued:

    >>> http://uk.geocities.com/slumpy_uk/londonbridge.jpg
    >>>
    >>> And if you can't work it out, it makes perfect sense in this
    >>> context.

    >> Heh. It doesn't surprise me that he's only looked in the US for it.
    >> When the Americans bought London Bridge, they *thought* they were
    >> buying Tower Bridge!!

    > Caveat Emptor.

    Maybe they bought it on Ebay ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 6, 2003
  4. "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as longshotjohn7 continued:
    >
    > > slumpy wrote:
    > >> Today, sitting below London bridge, right by the Thames,

    > > Aqua Punani
    > >
    > > I don't think you were.
    > >
    > > http://www.roadtripamerica.com/places/havasu.htm
    > >
    > > London Bridge Group? London Bridge Hotel? I can't find any sense to
    > > your post. Mebbe a google on the aqua reference is in order?

    > http://uk.geocities.com/slumpy_uk/londonbridge.jpg
    >
    > And if you can't work it out, it makes perfect sense in this context.

    Hmmm... that looks like it was done in ArcView...

    --
    Talk about longshots...

    Sentient Fluid, Aug 7, 2003