Re: OutLook XP ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Boomer, Aug 24, 2003.

  1. Boomer

    Boomer Guest

    GateKeeper said:

    > Hi Group,
    > I just received the Microsoft virus and came in with the patch.exe
    > file. Does Outlook block the exe file automatically?
    >
    > Confused in Miami

    Mail clients do not block certain files. It's up to you to set up
    block filters.

    This may help
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    Boomer, Aug 24, 2003

  2. Boomer

    jmnugent Guest

    Wrong....

    Actually Outlook has had this functionality since (I think) Outlook 2000
    sp2....

    Read on....
    http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm

    --jmnugent

    jmnugent, Aug 24, 2003

  3. Boomer

    jmnugent Guest

    Re: Wrong....

    Hey I know the feeling...

    (FYI, this feature exists in OE also (atleast in version 6), , just go to
    Tools, Options, Security. There is a checkbox for unsafe attachments)

    --Jmnugent

    jmnugent, Aug 24, 2003
  4. Boomer

    Boomer Guest

    Subject: Re: OutLook XP ?

    jmnugent said:

    > Hey I know the feeling...
    >
    > (FYI, this feature exists in OE also (atleast in version 6), ,
    > just go to Tools, Options, Security. There is a checkbox for
    > unsafe attachments)
    >
    > --Jmnugent

    Double D'oh for me!

    OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6 (Q291387)
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;Q291387

    Boomer, Aug 24, 2003
  5. Re: Wrong....

    Some time, on or about: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 03:10:22 GMT, "jmnugent"
    <ten.tsacmoc@tnegunmj> was criminally insane in my professional
    opinion when they claimed the following balderdash:

    >Actually Outlook has had this functionality since (I think) Outlook 2000
    >sp2....
    >
    >Read on....
    >http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm

    I use Outlook 2000 and it won't download a exe, com or vb file. Be
    aware that Outlook and Outlook Express are two different products. Of
    course, if your stupid enough to run any of these files from an
    attachment on an e-mail these days, you deserve what you get.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Aug 24, 2003