Re: OUTLOOK EXPRESS WON'T RECOGNISE EMAIL ADDRESS

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Sep 23, 2008.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:15:41 GMT,
    VE OBVIOUS.co.uk wrote:

    >and who, pray, are you?

    Who are you talking to? What did they say?

    Evan Platt, Sep 23, 2008

  2. Evan Platt

    VanguardLH Guest

    wrote:

    > To answer your question, I received an anonymous, unsigned message
    > requesting all my details including password etc. and he/she would "fix it"
    > for me. "IT" being my inability to now access my NEW yahoo UK email address
    > through OE (pop3) whereas my old, now cancelled one, worked fine that way.
    > Hence my question "who are you?" Can't help wondering if I really sound that
    > stupid!

    It was a facetious reply ... hopefully. They were pulling your leg,
    yanking your chain, or whatever similar colloquialism you use there. I
    think Lurker might've been trying to be funny but you're not a Usenet
    regular and may not have "gotten it" so his surreptitious humor could've
    gotten you in trouble.

    VanguardLH, Sep 24, 2008

  3. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:41:41 GMT,
    VE OBVIOUS.co.uk wrote:

    >I have only just started using News Rover and I am not yet sure what I am
    >doing. It seems that the messages I reply to are not (always) included in my
    >reply ergo no-one knows what prompted my reply....

    I've never seen a quoted reply from yhou.

    >and I am not sure that this one will work.

    It doesn't.

    >If you are not using News Rover then no doubt you don't
    >know what I am talking about. Any help on this score will be appreciated.

    Use a real news reader. Or RTFM on how to quote.

    Evan Platt, Sep 24, 2008