Re: Outlook Express mail not responding

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Uninstall IE/OE 6, and go back to 5.5 SP2. There are known
    issues on *some* Windows 98 systems with IE/OE 6.

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:40:13 -0400, in
    <>
    JohnR scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 15, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    JohnR Guest

    Wow! That was fast! Thank you Mike. Sounds like a good plan.

    Best regards

    john

    > Uninstall IE/OE 6, and go back to 5.5 SP2. There are known
    > issues on *some* Windows 98 systems with IE/OE 6.
    >

    > On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:40:13 -0400, in
    > <>
    > JohnR scrawled:
    >
    > >Hello
    > >
    > >I just downloaded the new upgrade for outlook express 6. When
    > >I try to read my mail ,OE loads but the mail will not display.
    > >I have to use alt-ctrl-del to get out of it. It displays "Program
    > >not responding". I can get into the news group through Internet
    > >explorer. When I try to get back to mail I get the same problem.
    > >
    > >I'm using windows 98, first version. Thanks for any suggestions.
    > >
    > >John
    > >

    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    ---

    JohnR, Jul 15, 2003

  3. °Mike°

    gangle Guest

    This is one of the reasons I won't "upgrade" to 6.
    I don't want to find out the hard way that it sucks with
    my Win98SE. Unless I am mistaken, 6 won't let you
    "revert" to the previous installation; you must actually
    uninstall it and reinstall 5. Since IE is integrated so
    much with Windows, there is a always the chance of
    problems after such an uninstall/reinstall -- problems that
    then may be unfixable without a fresh install of Windows
    and/or Sausages. In any case, **** you.

    "°Mike°" wrote

    gangle, Jul 15, 2003
  4. It would take a real weenie to still be using 5 and 98SE. Sure it works,
    but it sucks so bad in comparison to what Bill hath wrought in newer
    versions, it almost makes you want to join in the movement full force.
    Bill, in his infinite wisdom, wants you to shut the **** up and upgrade.
    You'll be glad you did.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 15, 2003
  5. °Mike°

    gangle Guest

    This is about my penis, isn't it?

    "Rôgêr" wrote

    gangle, Jul 15, 2003
  6. °Mike°

    John Sleggs Guest

    GEEZ guys, it wasn't my intention to start a feud. :)) Hang in there.
    Peace!

    John

    John Sleggs, Jul 15, 2003
  7. °Mike°

    Boomer Guest

    John Sleggs <> wrote in

    > GEEZ guys, it wasn't my intention to start a feud. :)) Hang in
    > there. Peace!
    >
    > John
    >

    > Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
    > --------------020309080000010807000003

    [snip the HTML crap]

    Please post in PLAIN text!

    Thank you

    --
    Snipping a little wouldn't hurt either.

    Boomer, Jul 15, 2003
  8. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    IE6 works fine with my Win98SE, and you can revert
    to a previous installation, provided you leave the
    uninstall data intact.

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:30:23 -0700, in
    <>
    gangle scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 15, 2003
  9. °Mike°

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Well, check my headers and call me "weenie".
    --
    Use a TRS-80, I do!

    Juan Pérez, Jul 16, 2003