Re: Outlook Express - Goofed Up

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Your .dbx files have become corrupt. Close down OE and
    MOVE all the .dbx files to a temporary folder. Download
    and install DBXtract
    http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

    Recover the data with DBXtract and reopen OE - do NOT replace
    the old .dbx files, as new ones will be created.

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:11:38 -0400, in
    <>
    Steve Meyerson scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Mike,

    Thanks for your help. I still had the problem, so I must have done
    more (different?) damage to OE. I reformatted again to fix it, but I
    was still afraid to import from my backed-up data.

    DBXtract helped to recover messages in some (not all) of the folders.

    I found Address Magic on the internet which extracted the data from
    the address book (.wab file). The free demo was limited to 15 records,
    but apparently picks them randomly, so after running it many times I
    think I got most of them.

    http://www.connectedsw.com/AddressMagic.html

    Steve

    Steve Meyerson, Jul 25, 2003

  3. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Oh well, it could have been worse. You're welcome.

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:55:06 -0400, in
    <>
    Steve Meyerson scrawled:

    --