Re: Outlook 2007, moving PST files for imap accounts

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave Doe, May 15, 2008.

  1. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <1210731428.399582@ftpsrv1>, says...
    > I have tried it many ways, moving them, then pointing the mail control
    > panel to the new location when it complained about them being missing
    > was the only one that showed any sign of working, but outlook just makes
    > a new one in local setting/application data/outlook upon running.
    >
    > I want to put them onto a separate partition since they seem to be the
    > cause of most fragmentation issues on the drive and never defrag properly.
    >
    > Can I redirect the entire application data/outlook folder there at all?
    >
    > The local PSTs moved fine, but they arent the ones that grow by a few
    > 100 megs each day to cause the problems.

    You really haven't supplied much info to go on - need...
    * version of Outlook
    * more info on how you run it (domain environment?, or just 'personal')?
    * how've you setup the Imap a/c, and what is it for?
    * always good to know the OS too (XP Pro?)

    If you repost into an MS outlook NG, supply more info, you'll quickly
    sort it.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, May 15, 2008

  2. In article <1210863052.407591@ftpsrv1>, Richard did write:

    > Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC) wrote:
    >
    >> Why are you still waiting for a 64bit OS with 64bit programs to go with
    >> your 64 bit hardware? It's been freely available for years now.

    > Because I dont want to go out and buy a copy ...

    Missed the "freely available" part, huh. :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 16, 2008

  3. In article <1210932387.70555@ftpsrv1>, Richard did write:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    >>> Because I dont want to go out and buy a copy ...

    >> Missed the "freely available" part, huh. :)

    > Not at all.

    In case it wasn't clear, "freely available" means you don't have to "buy"
    it.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 24, 2008