Re: Outlook 2003 Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 13, 2005.

  1. What ended up becoming of this thread? Was a support call ever made to us?
    If so, whats the case number? (ping me if you dont want it public)
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 13, 2005

  2. I am having a similar problem. I have a machine with 4GB and Outlook was
    running fine until I did a Office Update and now Outlook crashes and sends an
    error report.

    Did you get a resolution?

    =?Utf-8?B?a29ybmFrbWY=?=, May 19, 2005

  3. On our x64 systems Outlook 2003 seems to work fine until a personal folder
    file is used, then it crashes. If you don't have any personal folders and
    just use the exchange server it all works fine.
    =?Utf-8?B?QWRtaW5TcG9k?=, May 20, 2005
  4. I have tested this and found the same.

    So the $1MM question is, when will we have a fix?

    Mark

    =?Utf-8?B?a29ybmFrbWY=?=, May 20, 2005
  5. kornakmf <> wrote:
    > I have tested this and found the same.
    >
    > So the $1MM question is, when will we have a fix?
    >
    > Mark
    >
    > "AdminSpod" wrote:
    >
    >> On our x64 systems Outlook 2003 seems to work fine until a personal
    >> folder file is used, then it crashes. If you don't have any
    >> personal folders and just use the exchange server it all works fine.

    Well, Outlook 2k3 is working fine here, in stand alone. So, I cannot
    reproduce your problem.

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 20, 2005
  6. What do you mean by standalone?
    Do you have an exchange server connected?
    If not you might not see the same problem.

    How much RAM have you got?
    Others have said that the Outlook starts working on XP x64 when they remove
    RAM.
    I am using 4GB.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWRtaW5TcG9k?=, May 20, 2005
  7. AdminSpod <> wrote:
    > What do you mean by standalone?
    > Do you have an exchange server connected?
    > If not you might not see the same problem.
    >
    > How much RAM have you got?
    > Others have said that the Outlook starts working on XP x64 when they
    > remove RAM.
    > I am using 4GB.

    I don't have a exchange server connected, that's what I mean
    I have 2 gig of ram

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 20, 2005
  8. 2 gig of RAM isn't enough to cause the problem.
    The system works fine if I go down to 2 gig.
    But then what's the point of running 64bit with only 2 gig?

    =?Utf-8?B?QWRtaW5TcG9k?=, May 20, 2005
  9. AdminSpod <> wrote:
    > 2 gig of RAM isn't enough to cause the problem.
    > The system works fine if I go down to 2 gig.
    > But then what's the point of running 64bit with only 2 gig?

    Sure, what's the point of runing x64 with only 4 gig.... what a big
    difference... Come on, when you come with 128 gig, you'll tell me that 2 gig
    are not enough... it the mean time...I'm happy with my 2 gigs.
    When I'll have some money to spend for ram memory, I'll buy more ram...

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 20, 2005
  10. Joseph,

    Same problem here....Intel m/b w/ 4gb RAM....
    Placed a PREMIER suport case earlier today, here's crash info:

    Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.6353.0, stamp 408f2937,
    faulting module mspst32.dll, version 11.0.6357.0, stamp 40b65fc5, debug? 0,
    fault address 0x0001b745.

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGlubyBGYXJpYQ==?=, May 22, 2005
  11. Joseph Conway [MSFT]

    Paul Rossi Guest

    I use outlook 2003 and I haven't those errors

    Paul Rossi, May 23, 2005
  12. Re: Outlook 2000 Problem

    i have a simmilar problem
    server - exchange 2000 -

    outlook 2000 on a hp workstation xp sp2 all updates, 512Mram. only on my
    workstation I have probl
    suddenly the outlook start to crash
    took out the pst files but is the same
    the message is "
    AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.6604 ModName: mspst32.dll
    ModVer: 5.5.3171.0 Offset: 00001343"

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3VjdWJhdTE=?=, May 27, 2005
  13. Re: Outlook 2000 Problem

    Call MS support...a HOTFIX exists....and it works

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGlubyBGYXJpYQ==?=, Jun 7, 2005
  14. i tried contacting ms support - but they couldn't find anything for me.

    any chance you have a KB# for the hotfix? or a filename. i have this
    problem on three brand new 4GB 2003 servers with Office/Outlook 2003.
    very frustrating.

    thanks in advance

    --
    chriscampbell1972