Re: outgoing connection to IRC server..........HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://www.pandasoftware.es/activescan/activescan-com.asp
    http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    Gladiator
    http://www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

    F-Prot
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/

    AVG
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    Anti-trojan:
    ------------
    Trojan Defence Suite
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

    Trojan Hunter
    http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp

    Trojan Remover
    http://www.simplysup.com/

    Tauscan
    http://www.agnitum.com/products/tauscan/

    Anti-spyware:
    ---------------------
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    Control your startups:
    ----------------------
    StartupList
    http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

    Startup Monitor
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

    Startup Control Panel
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    Check what's necessary and what isn't
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_all.php

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:16:37 GMT, in
    <F%GRa.101603$>
    Don scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 18, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    Don Guest

    I've cleaned out the spyware, scanned locallly, scanned online, scanned
    vulnerabilites, and safe. But if I close my cable connection, something is
    trying to access IRC, and is asking for a connection ( it pops up my old
    dialup).

    Don, Jul 18, 2003

  3. °Mike°

    Michael Guest

    Install a firewall which will tell you what's asking for that connection...
    and then tell the firewall to block it until you can rid yourself of it.

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 18, 2003
  4. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you checked your startups? How about scanned with
    a trojan scanner? It *could* be an IRC bot.

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:18:57 GMT, in
    <lOIRa.102556$>
    Don scrawled:

    >I've cleaned out the spyware, scanned locallly, scanned online,
    >scanned vulnerabilites, and safe. But if I close my cable
    >connection, something is trying to access IRC, and is asking
    >for a connection ( it pops up my old dialup).
    >

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Jul 18, 2003
  5. °Mike°

    Don Guest

    Yes I have, nothing is abnormal, I disabled everything if I wasn't sure. and
    it still happens...

    At this point I'm considering a reformat with fresh install.

    Don, Jul 18, 2003
  6. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Well, until you can determine what is causing it, you should
    keep the IRC port well and truly closed to all applications.
    Does your firewall not tell you which application is trying
    for access? If not, you should change it to one that does.

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:34:09 GMT, in
    <B0JRa.102630$>
    Don scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 18, 2003