Re: OT

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Jtyc, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Jtyc

    Jtyc Guest

    A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. Suddenly the sky
    clouded above his head and in a booming voice the Lord said, "Because you
    have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one
    wish."

    The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want."

    The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous
    challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the
    bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly
    exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to
    justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of
    something that would honor and glorify me."

    The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish
    that I could understand my wife! I want to know how she feels inside, what
    she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what
    she means when she says 'nothing's wrong', and how I can make a woman truly
    happy."

    The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

    Jtyc, Jul 11, 2003