Re: OT: The Flat Stomach ad: Worst Photography Ever?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bert Hyman, Feb 5, 2009.

  1. Bert Hyman

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:2009020507584016807-christophercampbell@hotmailcom C J Campbell
    <> wrote:

    > There has to be some way of blocking this
    > obnoxious thing using Safari on a Mac.

    Does Safari have the "block images from ..." option like Firefox? In
    Firefox, that shows up in the pop-up menu when you right-click an image
    on a Web page.

    Otherwise, look at the image properties and copy the host name of the
    site that's serving the image, then edit your hosts file and add a line
    like this:

    127.0.0.1 ad.doubleclick.net

    replacing "ad.doubleclick.net" with the name of the serving site.

    I don't know where the hosts file lives on your Mac or what handsprings
    you have to turn in order to edit it.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Feb 5, 2009

  2. Bert Hyman

    Peter Irwin Guest

    Bert Hyman <> wrote:

    > I don't know where the hosts file lives on your Mac or what handsprings
    > you have to turn in order to edit it.

    It is in /etc/hosts. You have to have root access to change it.
    Using sudo is probably the safest and easiest way to get root
    privileges on a Mac.

    Peter.

    Peter Irwin, Feb 6, 2009