Re: OT: TechNet Article

Discussion in 'MCITP' started by Poprivet, Apr 1, 2007.

  1. Poprivet

    Poprivet Guest

    f'ups set for idiotic cross-post list & bottom posted. That sort of
    crosspost is rude, crude and stupid.

    Michael D. Alligood wrote:
    > Ray and Dustin:
    > Both of you made very good and valid points. Error messages and other
    > computer related issues can be ambiguous at best to the casual end
    > users -- and seasoned techs for that matter. However have you thought
    > about how those casual end users find these newsgroups to begin with?
    > A majority of issues presented in the newsgroups can be solved by
    > viewing the top 10 results after "Googling" the problem. The effort
    > it takes to find the newsgroup, word and post the question could be
    > as "easy" as performing a quick search on your problem. To further my
    > point; perform a search in the newsgroups for related or similar
    > problems that others have experienced. But again that requires
    > effort, not answers right?!? Do not misunderstand; I have been
    > instructing, educating, and helping end users for 13 years. And I
    > enjoy doing so. I educate my end users and the people that ask for
    > help by asking them to, "help me help you." Instead of says, "It's
    > broke... HELP!" or "It's not working correctly"; I ask them to show
    > or tell me what not working looks like. I believe in education. And
    > by educating the end user to "make an effort", I believe they can
    > solve their problems with little or no effort.

    Great attitude. And a by product of encouraing education would also tend to
    thwart the efforts of a lot of spammer/scammers.

    An active spamfighter,

    Pop`
    Poprivet, Apr 1, 2007