Re: OT: TechNet Article

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Rock, Mar 31, 2007.

  1. Rock

    Rock Guest

    "ray" <> wrote
    > On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 18:10:33 +0000, Michael D. Alligood wrote:
    >
    >> I was reading the latest edition of TechNet Magazine that I received in
    >> the mail this week; when I came across an article that inadvertently
    >> associated itself with one of the issues that we run across in
    >> newsgroups consistently. This problem can be described in so many
    >> different ways by religious newsgroup participates like myself. What it
    >> boils down to is the very thing we preach day in and day out: Research
    >> and Hands-on Experience. It also touches on abandoning your
    >> preconceptions when comparing older technology to newer technology.
    >>
    >> You can find the article at:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2007/04/FieldNotes/default.aspx.
    >> Enjoy.
    >>
    >> P.S. I also included this article with the Vista and XP newsgroups in
    >> hopes that individuals seeking help in those areas will read Mark's
    >> article and perform research and troubleshooting steps before posting
    >> their issues in newsgroups for others to "give them the answer."

    > That's fine, but a casual user should not have to "perform research and
    > troubleshooting steps before posting their issues in newsgroups".

    Sure they should. Problems should be researched before posting and should
    troubleshooting A couple minutes of research can save a lot of time.
    Posting when the answer is easily discovered otherwise is a waste of
    everyone's efforts.

    --
    Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

    Rock, Mar 31, 2007