Re: OT: TechNet Article

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Dustin Harper, Mar 31, 2007.

  1. Yes, you are right. We should educate the users to help them help
    themselves. Great point.

    And with Vista, the newsgroups are built in to Windows Mail. Easy to find
    and use (for the most part). A lot of users are mistakingly thinking that
    they are asking Microsoft employees or think that it's a direct line to
    Microsoft, which it's not.

    I try to help fix the problem, most of them are easy enough. I may be wrong
    with most, and I know I have been at least a couple times, assuming that a
    user has gone through the regular channels (reboot, unplug USB hardware,
    plug it back in, etc.). Google is a great resource, but with Vista, a lot of
    people are having fresh problems that haven't been seen before. Or they know
    the problem, but don't know how to word it right in a search...

    On a sidenote: when I was doing tech support, I spent about 20 minutes
    trying to get some ladies DSL working... Turns out she called the phone
    company to have it turned off... Weird thing: she still said it was our
    fault for her DSL still not working... I'm starting to learn not to assume
    things! :)

    --
    Dustin Harper

    http://www.vistarip.com