Re: OT: PeterN, Tony and others along the East Coast

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ray Fischer, Aug 28, 2011.

  1. Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    >I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
    >are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.

    Bad weather provides opportunities for good photos.
    What else is important?

    :)

    Ray Fischer, Aug 28, 2011

  2. Ray Fischer

    Irwell Guest

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:28:11 -0500, George Kerby wrote:

    > On 8/28/11 2:39 PM, in article 4e5a9984$0$2178$, "Ray
    > Fischer" <> wrote:

    >>> I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
    >>> are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.

    >> Bad weather provides opportunities for good photos.
    >> What else is important?
    >>
    >> :)

    > So do earthquakes. Are your ready?

    I always leave the OIS switched on.
    Irwell, Aug 29, 2011

  3. Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    George Kerby <> wrote:
    >On 8/28/11 2:39 PM, in article 4e5a9984$0$2178$, "Ray
    >Fischer" <> wrote:
    >>> I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
    >>> are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.

    >> Bad weather provides opportunities for good photos.
    >> What else is important?
    >>
    >> :)

    >So do earthquakes.

    Nah. They're almost all boring and over too quickly.

    Ray Fischer, Aug 29, 2011
  4. On 29/08/2011 5:39 AM, Ray Fischer wrote:
    > Savageduck<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >> I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
    >> are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.

    > Bad weather provides opportunities for good photos.
    > What else is important?

    Bad weather provides opportunities for testing your camera's weather
    sealing. It also provides opportunities for drowned cameras -if your
    weather sealing tests fail.

    I might look a bit odd, but I use my dive housing in really bad weather,
    don't miss a thing and if I bump or drop it (dodging falling branches
    etc.) it doesn't matter.
    Lucid Lunatic, Aug 29, 2011