Re: OT: PeterN, Tony and others along the East Coast

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Aug 27, 2011.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:11:57 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
    >are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.
    >I figure Tony is South of the storm track, but out on Long Island,
    >Peter and a few others seem to be right in the path.

    I can't stand television weatherpeople, so I haven't followed the news
    very closely. I do know that Central Florida is not expected to have
    much more than some storms, wind, and rain.

    However, I was in Home Depot twice this week and people are buying
    plywood sheets, blue tarps, and hurricane supplies. It's not a rush
    like we've had in the past where batteries were not available in any
    store, but plywood is going out the door.

    I'm thinking of buying some tarps. I've got some older trees with
    limbs hanging over my house and there's always the chance of one
    blowing down on the roof. That's happened once this year in a regular
    rain storm, but it didn't do serious damage.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Aug 27, 2011

  2. tony cooper

    Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : >I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
    : >are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.
    : >I figure Tony is South of the storm track, but out on Long Island,
    : >Peter and a few others seem to be right in the path.
    : >
    : I can't stand television weatherpeople, so I haven't followed the news
    : very closely. I do know that Central Florida is not expected to have
    : much more than some storms, wind, and rain.
    :
    : However, I was in Home Depot twice this week and people are buying
    : plywood sheets, blue tarps, and hurricane supplies. It's not a rush
    : like we've had in the past where batteries were not available in any
    : store, but plywood is going out the door.
    :
    : I'm thinking of buying some tarps. I've got some older trees with
    : limbs hanging over my house and there's always the chance of one
    : blowing down on the roof. That's happened once this year in a regular
    : rain storm, but it didn't do serious damage.

    The 'cane is past you now anyway, isn't it?

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Aug 27, 2011

  3. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 22:12:30 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 21:43:09 -0400, tony cooper <>
    >wrote:
    >: On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:11:57 -0700, Savageduck
    >: <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >:
    >: >I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
    >: >are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.
    >: >I figure Tony is South of the storm track, but out on Long Island,
    >: >Peter and a few others seem to be right in the path.
    >: >
    >: I can't stand television weatherpeople, so I haven't followed the news
    >: very closely. I do know that Central Florida is not expected to have
    >: much more than some storms, wind, and rain.
    >:
    >: However, I was in Home Depot twice this week and people are buying
    >: plywood sheets, blue tarps, and hurricane supplies. It's not a rush
    >: like we've had in the past where batteries were not available in any
    >: store, but plywood is going out the door.
    >:
    >: I'm thinking of buying some tarps. I've got some older trees with
    >: limbs hanging over my house and there's always the chance of one
    >: blowing down on the roof. That's happened once this year in a regular
    >: rain storm, but it didn't do serious damage.
    >
    >The 'cane is past you now anyway, isn't it?

    I'm not worried about being *in* the hurricane, but bad weather -
    including high winds - sometimes follow one.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Aug 27, 2011
  4. tony cooper

    PeterN Guest

    On 8/26/2011 9:43 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:11:57 -0700, Savageduck
    > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
    >> are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.
    >> I figure Tony is South of the storm track, but out on Long Island,
    >> Peter and a few others seem to be right in the path.
    >>

    > I can't stand television weatherpeople, so I haven't followed the news
    > very closely. I do know that Central Florida is not expected to have
    > much more than some storms, wind, and rain.

    <snip>

    Most weather reports remind me of the SNL skit: Buckwheat is dead.

    <http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/buckwheat-dead-america-mourns/2754/>

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Aug 27, 2011
  5. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:14:26 -0400, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    >On 8/26/2011 9:43 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:11:57 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
    >>> are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.
    >>> I figure Tony is South of the storm track, but out on Long Island,
    >>> Peter and a few others seem to be right in the path.
    >>>

    >> I can't stand television weatherpeople, so I haven't followed the news
    >> very closely. I do know that Central Florida is not expected to have
    >> much more than some storms, wind, and rain.
    >>

    ><snip>
    >
    >Most weather reports remind me of the SNL skit: Buckwheat is dead.
    >
    ><http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/buckwheat-dead-america-mourns/2754/>

    Troublemaker! You know that video leads in with one of those PC
    commercials that doesn't equate price with specs.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Aug 27, 2011
  6. tony cooper

    PeterN Guest

    On 8/27/2011 12:35 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:14:26 -0400, PeterN
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 8/26/2011 9:43 PM, tony cooper wrote:

    >>> I can't stand television weatherpeople, so I haven't followed the news
    >>> very closely. I do know that Central Florida is not expected to have
    >>> much more than some storms, wind, and rain.
    >>>

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Most weather reports remind me of the SNL skit: Buckwheat is dead.
    >>
    >> <http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/buckwheat-dead-america-mourns/2754/>

    > Troublemaker! You know that video leads in with one of those PC
    > commercials that doesn't equate price with specs.

    But, but, but, it's not for apples.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Aug 27, 2011