Re: OT:ish SMS script for web site?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Theo Markettos, Jun 19, 2008.

  1. Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know of any script that can be integrated with say an
    > e-commerce website for sending SMS text messages to customer via something
    > like one of the Betamax clones?

    Shell script 'fincheck':
    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Finarea SA

    There seem to be several versions, of which the one I used is from here:
    http://www.simong.net/finarea/
    They also has a PHP version which I haven't tried.

    I tried fincheck with SMSListo.com. It works some of the time, but
    sometimes SMSListo comes back with a 'session timeout' page even though it's
    just logged me in. You can tell because sending an SMS takes about 5-10
    seconds, while a failure comes back straightaway. I don't quite know what's
    happening - perhaps sometimes the web requests are too quick for the
    website? I've put some debug in my copy but haven't had time to get to the
    bottom of it. It's quite a simple script, so shouldn't be too hard to fix.

    Maybe others can try it on other Finarea/Betamax sites and see how well it
    works?

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Jun 19, 2008

  2. Theo Markettos <> wrote:
    > I tried fincheck with SMSListo.com. It works some of the time, but
    > sometimes SMSListo comes back with a 'session timeout' page even though it's
    > just logged me in. You can tell because sending an SMS takes about 5-10
    > seconds, while a failure comes back straightaway. I don't quite know what's
    > happening - perhaps sometimes the web requests are too quick for the
    > website? I've put some debug in my copy but haven't had time to get to the
    > bottom of it. It's quite a simple script, so shouldn't be too hard to fix.

    I've fixed that bug and sent the patches upstream (along with some other
    improvements). There's now a beta version (filename fincheck.beta) on the
    site which hopefully should be released as the main version in a few days.

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Jun 25, 2008

  3. Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk <> wrote:
    > Splendid Theo.
    > I'll check it out.

    It's now as the main version of the script linked from the webpage - have a
    look at the script source for more details.

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Jun 28, 2008