Re: OT:ish SMS script for web site?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian A, Jun 18, 2008.

  1. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 19:51:52 +0100, "Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
    <> wrote:

    >Long shot... but...
    >Does anyone know of any script that can be integrated with say an e-commerce
    >website for sending SMS text messages to customer via something like one of the
    >Betamax clones?

    An alternative that I have used is to send an email that arrives as a
    text. There are various services available for email to text
    conversion.
    I would guess that Betamax will have protection on their sites,
    otherwise it would be possible to interface from your web site to the
    SMS facility via a PHP program or similar. As it is highly likely that
    such protection will exist then I would think it unlikely that you
    would be able to do this without Betamax approval. For example some
    sites do allow external apps to access their site for e-commerce
    purposes by presenting an agreed referrer URL and additional
    authentication. As I am not aware of such access being offered by
    Betamax I would assume that it will not be possible to interface with
    a web site with any unapproved access. However, if you do succeed then
    I'll certainly be interested to hear of how you achieved it.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---

    Brian A, Jun 18, 2008