Re: OT: Heatpump installation

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by William Brown, Dec 9, 2010.

  1. On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 15:24:17 +1300, "ofn01" <> wrote:

    >With heatpumps - should the outdoor unit be bolted to the ground or is it ok
    >for it to just stand there under it's own weight?
    >
    >It will be held to the house by the various pipes - but the actual unit
    >would be just standing on the ground held only down by gravity.
    >
    >Doesn't sound like a good idea to me?

    No No get a Expert to install it..

    Also header unite have to be some 60mm from the ceiling unless you have
    one of the Fujitu ones that can go upto 30mm.

    William Brown, Dec 9, 2010

  2. On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 07:55:13 +1300, "ofn01" <>
    wrote:

    >"William Brown" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 15:24:17 +1300, "ofn01" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>With heatpumps - should the outdoor unit be bolted to the ground or is it
    >>>ok
    >>>for it to just stand there under it's own weight?
    >>>
    >>>It will be held to the house by the various pipes - but the actual unit
    >>>would be just standing on the ground held only down by gravity.
    >>>
    >>>Doesn't sound like a good idea to me?
    >>>

    >> No No get a Expert to install it..
    >>
    >> Also header unite have to be some 60mm from the ceiling unless you have
    >> one of the Fujitu ones that can go upto 30mm.

    >Why do they have to be a particular distance from the ceiling?

    That is were they suck the air from..

    William Brown, Dec 9, 2010

  3. William Brown

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-12-09, William Brown <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 07:55:13 +1300, "ofn01" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"William Brown" <> wrote in message

    >>> No No get a Expert to install it..
    >>>
    >>> Also header unite have to be some 60mm from the ceiling unless you have
    >>> one of the Fujitu ones that can go upto 30mm.

    >>Why do they have to be a particular distance from the ceiling?
    >>

    > That is were they suck the air from..

    Chalk please. One to all of Will I am sigs over the past years

    Gordon, Dec 10, 2010