Re: OT: Grey computer icon in Nokia phone display

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov, Nov 11, 2008.

  1. Guest

    "Smirnoff" <> wrote:

    >Have read the user guide and asked in the Nokia forums but no joy.
    >
    >I have a grey computer-like icon next to the battery indicator in my
    >Nokia 2630 phone.
    >
    >It's bugging me because I have no idea what it is and there is no
    >explanation of icons in the user guide.
    >
    >Have gone through the phone's settings and can find no obvious reason
    >for it (tried the synching options as it was a computer icon - but all
    >turned off).
    >
    >Any ideas (I suppose I'll regret that).

    Bluetooth enabled? it should be disabled as it runs down your battery
    if your not using it.
    --

    Food Art
    http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/11/creative-food-manipulation.html

    , Nov 11, 2008

  2. Guest

    wrote:

    >>Have gone through the phone's settings and can find no obvious reason
    >>for it (tried the synching options as it was a computer icon - but all
    >>turned off).
    >>
    >>Any ideas (I suppose I'll regret that).

    >Bluetooth enabled? it should be disabled as it runs down your battery
    >if your not using it.

    Well it's not Bluetooth :)

    You have read the user manual right? As it looks like it has to do
    with Browser security. http://europe.nokia.com/A4484883 download the
    PDF (page 56)

    Close as I can get.
    --

    Food Art
    http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/11/creative-food-manipulation.html

    , Nov 11, 2008

  3. Guest

    , Nov 11, 2008
  4. Sunny Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Smirnoff" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Have read the user guide and asked in the Nokia forums but no joy.
    >>
    >>I have a grey computer-like icon next to the battery indicator in my
    >>Nokia 2630 phone.
    >>
    >>It's bugging me because I have no idea what it is and there is no
    >>explanation of icons in the user guide.
    >>
    >>Have gone through the phone's settings and can find no obvious reason
    >>for it (tried the synching options as it was a computer icon - but all
    >>turned off).
    >>
    >>Any ideas (I suppose I'll regret that).
    >>

    > Bluetooth enabled? it should be disabled as it runs down your battery
    > if your not using it.

    ?? I have two identical Nokia phones, one with Bluetooth enabled, one
    without.
    There is no noticeable difference in Bty charging cycles between them.

    Sunny, Nov 11, 2008
  5. Guest

    "Sunny" <> wrote:

    >> Bluetooth enabled? it should be disabled as it runs down your battery
    >> if your not using it.

    >?? I have two identical Nokia phones, one with Bluetooth enabled, one
    >without.
    >There is no noticeable difference in Bty charging cycles between them.

    I keep mine off for security concerns.

    I turned off my son's and he mentioned battery usage increased
    noticeable.
    --

    Food Art
    http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/11/creative-food-manipulation.html