Re: OT: Grey computer icon in Nokia phone display

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Nov 10, 2008.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:24:55 -0000, "Smirnoff"
    <> wrote:

    >Have read the user guide and asked in the Nokia forums but no joy.
    >
    >I have a grey computer-like icon next to the battery indicator in my
    >Nokia 2630 phone.

    What is 'computer like'?

    Laptop? Desktop? Something else?

    Evan Platt, Nov 10, 2008

  2. Evan Platt

    mike.f Guest

    "Smirnoff" <> wrote in message

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:24:55 -0000, "Smirnoff"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Have read the user guide and asked in the Nokia forums but no joy.
    >>>
    >>>I have a grey computer-like icon next to the battery indicator in my
    >>>Nokia 2630 phone.

    >> What is 'computer like'?
    >>
    >> Laptop? Desktop? Something else?
    >> --
    >> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

    > Desktop - a rectangular shape directly above a slightly wider, less-deep
    > base unit.
    >
    > I have Orange PAYG and have put my SIM card in the new phone. Am wondering
    > if my old steam-driven SIM card is not up to the job.
    >
    > Have also e-mailed Orange to see if I can get an explanation.

    Hi, I'll be watching this thread with interest. Got the same icon on my
    6500s. Orange
    contract, no idea what it is tho!
    Regs Mike.

    mike.f, Nov 10, 2008

  3. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:16:52 -0000, "Smirnoff"
    <> wrote:

    >Desktop - a rectangular shape directly above a slightly wider, less-deep
    >base unit.
    >
    >I have Orange PAYG and have put my SIM card in the new phone. Am
    >wondering if my old steam-driven SIM card is not up to the job.
    >
    >Have also e-mailed Orange to see if I can get an explanation.

    No idea.. Doesn't ring a bell. If you're able to take a picture of it,
    that may help. I looked in the manual, didn't see anything.

    Evan Platt, Nov 10, 2008