Re: OT: Friday sweetness

  1. Pedro Simoes

    Pedro Simoes Guest

    kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> rambled:

    > Briscobar <> said something like
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178088.htm (11/18/2005
    >> 9:18:58 AM) # I was just offered the Network Admin gig. Basically,
    >> our Network Admin (who also performs other functions, like writing
    >> custom programs and stuff...I won't be taking that over), who's only
    >> here 3 days a week is costing them what it would cost me to do it 5
    >> days a week. So, they're going to send me back to school for MS
    >> training. Some of which I already have, some of which I don't. But
    >> for the last couple years, I've been shadowing our Network Admin,
    >> learning as I go, so I've got SOME experience. And it's not like
    >> he's going to disappear, so I'll still be able to lean on him for
    >> advice and help when I need it. And the good news is my boss won't
    >> be my boss anymore. It's definitely a promotion in every sense of
    >> the word.
    >>
    >> Abrupt change of plans for this evening: we're goin out drinkin, and
    >> I'm buyin the first round!

    > Congrats!
    >
    > Crawling up the corporate ladder, cool.
    >
    > Um, there is a pay raise, right?
    >
    > kpg

    Thanks. Oh yeah, there is definitely a pay raise. Not one to discuss it
    here, but let's just say the preliminary numbers were significant. On
    top of
    paying for classes, and a raise when I finish class. So yeah, pay raise.
    Of
    course, there's added responsibility, but eh, it comes with the
    territory...

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26