Re: OT - for the bikers here! :)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Oct 6, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    On 06 Oct 2010, you wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > When BMW dropped its stunning Concept 6 out of the blue last year, the
    > intention to revive the inline six was clear… and here it is. The new K
    > 1600 GT and K 1600 GTL touring motorcycles are being offered with the
    > company's 6-cylinder in-line engine – a 118 kW (160 bhp) unit producing
    > maximum torque of 175 Nm which, at 102.6 kg, is billed as the lightest
    > and most compact serial production 6-cylinder in-line engine in a
    > motorcycle over 1000 cc to date.
    >
    > http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-k1600-six-cylinder-motorcycles/16578/

    Can't say I think much for the fairing in that first shot. What's
    the point in a straight 6 if you can't see it?

    This is the shot you want:

    http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-k1600-six-cylinder-motorcycles/16578/picture/122468/
    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 6, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    ~BD~ <~BD~@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> On 06 Oct 2010, you wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> When BMW dropped its stunning Concept 6 out of the blue last year,
    >>> the intention to revive the inline six was clear… and here it is.
    >>> The new K 1600 GT and K 1600 GTL touring motorcycles are being
    >>> offered with the company's 6-cylinder in-line engine – a 118 kW (160
    >>> bhp) unit producing maximum torque of 175 Nm which, at 102.6 kg, is
    >>> billed as the lightest and most compact serial production 6-cylinder
    >>> in-line engine in a motorcycle over 1000 cc to date.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-k1600-six-cylinder-motorcycles/16578/
    >>>

    >> Can't say I think much for the fairing in that first shot. What's
    >> the point in a straight 6 if you can't see it?
    >>
    >> This is the shot you want:
    >>
    >> http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-k1600-six-cylinder-motorcycles/16578/picture
    >> /122468/

    > As this one shows clearly, there were 267 from which to choose!

    And none of the shots show the front of the engine any differently.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 7, 2010