Re: OT: For Dog Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Feb 16, 2013.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 2/14/2013 9:38 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    > http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.com
    >
    > Eventually, I'll get a few dog shots posted ...
    >
    > Take Care,
    > Dudley

    Hopefully this may be help you:

    <http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/future-tech/fda-approves-bionic-eye-brings-partial-vision-to-the-blind-1131520>

    Or

    <http://tinyurl.com/d3n6dlc>

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Feb 16, 2013

  2. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 2/17/2013 1:09 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    > "PeterN" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2/14/2013 9:38 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >>> http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.com
    >>>
    >>> Eventually, I'll get a few dog shots posted ...
    >>>
    >>> Take Care,
    >>> Dudley
    >>>

    >> Hopefully this may be help you:
    >>

    >> <http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/future-tech/fda-approves-bionic-eye-brings-partial-vision-to-the-blind-1131520>
    >>
    >> Or
    >>
    >> <http://tinyurl.com/d3n6dlc>
    >>
    >> --
    >> PeterN

    > Yep, there's lots of progress being made in the bield of sight restoration.
    >
    > For me, the best option lies in gene therapy. In Great Britain, a number of
    > persons with the same disorder that affects me have had some of their sight
    > restored.
    >
    > It's just a matter of time... :)
    >
    > BTW, here's a link to the latest post on The Dog Handler ...
    >
    > http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.ca/#!/2013/02/what-you-can-expect_7890.html
    >

    > Take Care,
    > Dudley

    Neat article. the problem is that it won't be read by those who would
    benefit most from your advice.
    Hopefully, I am wrong.
    Our daughter has a golden who periodically shows signs of pain. I often
    tease my daughter and tell her the dog is just putting on an act, so she
    can get some nice massages and treatments in a warm water treadmill.
    Recently the dog pulled up lame. The vet diagnosed her as having a torn
    ACL. When taken to another vet for a second opinion, she immediately
    jumped up on the counter to gt a cookie. Guess she didn't have a torn ACL.
    Yup, dogs can be quite intelligent.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Feb 17, 2013

  3. PeterN

    John Turco Guest

    On 2/17/2013 12:09 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    > "PeterN" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2/14/2013 9:38 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >>> http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.com
    >>>
    >>> Eventually, I'll get a few dog shots posted ...
    >>>
    >>> Take Care,
    >>> Dudley
    >>>

    >> Hopefully this may be help you:
    >>

    >> <http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/future-tech/fda-approves-bionic-eye-brings-partial-vision-to-the-blind-1131520>
    >>
    >> Or
    >>
    >> <http://tinyurl.com/d3n6dlc>
    >>
    >> --
    >> PeterN

    > Yep, there's lots of progress being made in the bield of sight restoration.
    >
    > For me, the best option lies in gene therapy. In Great Britain, a number of
    > persons with the same disorder that affects me have had some of their sight
    > restored.

    Did that have anything to do with your British sojourn, in 2012?

    > It's just a matter of time... :)

    Yes, indeed, there are encouraging signs.

    > BTW, here's a link to the latest post on The Dog Handler ...
    >
    > http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.ca/#!/2013/02/what-you-can-expect_7890.html
    >

    > Take Care,
    > Dudley

    I've read both installments, thus far.

    John
    John Turco, Feb 18, 2013
  4. PeterN

    John Turco Guest

    On 2/18/2013 9:34 PM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    > "John Turco" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2/17/2013 12:09 AM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >>> "PeterN" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yep, there's lots of progress being made in the bield of sight
    >>> restoration.
    >>>
    >>> For me, the best option lies in gene therapy. In Great Britain, a
    >>> number of persons with the same disorder that affects me have had
    >>> some of their sight restored.

    >> Did that have anything to do with your British sojourn, in 2012?
    >>
    >>> It's just a matter of time... :)

    >> Yes, indeed, there are encouraging signs.
    >>
    >>> BTW, here's a link to the latest post on The Dog Handler ...
    >>>
    >>> http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.ca/#!/2013/02/what-you-can-expect_7890.html
    >>>

    >>> Take Care,
    >>> Dudley

    >> I've read both installments, thus far.
    >>
    >> John

    > I hope you've enjoyed them.
    >
    > Here's the next one, "Advice About Advice":
    > http://dudleyhanks.blogspot.ca/#!/2013/02/advice-about-advice_18.html

    I just read that one, too.

    > BTW, how is your sister doing?
    >
    > Has her condition stabilized?
    >
    > Take Care,
    > Dudley

    No, unfortunately; cancer proved to be a far worse (and fatal)
    problem, than her eye disease.

    She'd enjoy your canine-related articles, I'm sure.

    John
    John Turco, Feb 20, 2013