Re: (OT) F1 Australia

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Crapats (TM), Mar 30, 2009.

  1. Crapats (TM)

    Crapats (TM) Guest

    On Mar 28, 8:41 pm, Collector€NZ <> wrote:
    > Well a mighty good shake up has been delivered with the rescued Honda
    > Team now Brawn GP taking 1st and 2nd on pole in there first outing along
    > with anouncing sponsorship that will see them through this season and
    > next (untill the F1 cash cow starts paying them).
    >
    > It will be a good race and it appears that KERS didnt have much effect
    > on things.

    An amazing result. Never heard of Brawn and they do a 1 2 for the
    first GP!
    Crapats (TM), Mar 30, 2009

  2. Crapats (TM)

    Nighthawk Guest

    On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:32:02 -0700 (PDT), "Crapats (TM)"
    <> wrote:

    >On Mar 28, 8:41 pm, Collector€NZ <> wrote:
    >> Well a mighty good shake up has been delivered with the rescued Honda
    >> Team now Brawn GP taking 1st and 2nd on pole in there first outing along
    >> with anouncing sponsorship that will see them through this season and
    >> next (untill the F1 cash cow starts paying them).
    >>
    >> It will be a good race and it appears that KERS didnt have much effect
    >> on things.

    >An amazing result. Never heard of Brawn and they do a 1 2 for the
    >first GP!

    They were Honda.
    Nighthawk, Mar 30, 2009

  3. Crapats (TM)

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Nighthawk wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:32:02 -0700 (PDT), "Crapats (TM)"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mar 28, 8:41 pm, Collector?NZ <> wrote:
    >>> Well a mighty good shake up has been delivered with the rescued
    >>> Honda Team now Brawn GP taking 1st and 2nd on pole in there first
    >>> outing along with anouncing sponsorship that will see them through
    >>> this season and next (untill the F1 cash cow starts paying them).
    >>>
    >>> It will be a good race and it appears that KERS didnt have much
    >>> effect on things.

    >> An amazing result. Never heard of Brawn and they do a 1 2 for the
    >> first GP!

    > They were Honda.

    But now they run Mercedes engines and Ross Brawn (team owner) is the
    (German?) ex-Ferrari race director. Bloody decent of Honda to help with
    finances though. I understand that they basically allowed defered payment
    and perhaps even injected cash until Branston came aboard at the last
    minute....
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Mar 30, 2009
  4. Crapats (TM)

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs geoff wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Nighthawk wrote:

    >>> They were Honda.

    >> But now they run Mercedes engines and Ross Brawn (team owner) is the
    >> (German?)

    > Pom.

    That would explain the success of the team then. The Poms have a huge
    presence in F1, even Scuderia Ferrari has a large percentage of Brits.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Mar 31, 2009