    Mike Guest

    If you just don't want to see it anymore, tell Thunderbird to ignore the
    thread. It is under the message menu.

    Mike, Jan 5, 2011

  2. Mike

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 16:02:04 -0500, Bowser <> wrote:

    >On 1/5/2011 1:32 PM, Paul Furman wrote:
    >> Bowser wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Tried that. It puts a red circle next to it, but the thread/message is
    >>> still there.

    >> Tap the 'K' key to ignore a thread, also be sure that's filtered out in
    >> the view (unchecked):
    >>
    >> View > Threads > Ignored

    >That worked, but I have to restart the program to make them vanish. I
    >guess I'll live with that. Windows Live was a nightmare (shocking!!!)
    >and Agent is clumsy for reading threads. But Agent is killer for binaries.

    Agent is clumsy at reading threads? If you think so, you must have
    different settings than I do. Do you have "sort messages by thread"
    set?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jan 5, 2011

  3. Mike

    tony cooper Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 19:01:31 -0500, Bowser <> wrote:

    >On 1/5/2011 6:35 PM, tony cooper wrote:

    >>> That worked, but I have to restart the program to make them vanish. I
    >>> guess I'll live with that. Windows Live was a nightmare (shocking!!!)
    >>> and Agent is clumsy for reading threads. But Agent is killer for binaries.

    >> Agent is clumsy at reading threads? If you think so, you must have
    >> different settings than I do. Do you have "sort messages by thread"
    >> set?
    >>

    >Yes, the threads appear normally, but I get annoyed by having to double
    >click every damned message to see it appear. Unless I've missed a
    >setting that tells it to retrieve a message body when you click the heading.

    I don't have to do that. My settings are to Show All Unread (already
    read messages do not show) and I click the "View Next Unread Message"
    icon once on the tool bar to open the next message. To refresh the
    list, I click the "Get New Headers in Subscribed Groups" icon.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jan 6, 2011