Re: OT:Cisco??

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by billyw, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. billyw

    billyw Guest

    yup there is. but it is not cisco sponsored, but good all the same.
    it's in one of the alt groups

    billyw, Jul 17, 2003

  2. billyw

    Pugleon Guest

    Cisco do have there own forum as well. But you have to be
    a member of the Cisco networking acadamy to use it. Which
    means studying Cisco at a registered Cisco training
    centre.

    But I've used it a few times, and there isn't many that
    post to it to be honest. Not very helpfull or busy at
    all...

    Better off trying on of the other forums with cisco
    related articles and posts. As for studying Cisco please
    be aware that between the router simulators, and
    constantly changing question pool in the exam. And lets
    not forget the 849/1000 required to pass... Unlike with
    MCSE you really have to know your stuff. So you can't
    dump and pass.

    Which I think is great. But then I've passed it...

    Dumpers steer clear. Actually don't. Go waist your
    money :p

    Pugleon, Jul 17, 2003

  3. billyw

    billyw Guest

    alt.certification.cisco

    billyw, Jul 17, 2003
  4. What did you use to study for (and pass) the cisco exams?

    networking student, Jul 17, 2003
  5. billyw

    Gary - US Guest

    Damn that was a toughie.....

    --

    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    ** Kindly Do The Needful **

    Gary - US, Jul 18, 2003
  6. billyw

    billyw Guest

    yup i can understand why he wouldn't be able to find it..
    it took me ages to find. about 5 secs using ol exp..

    amazing the uselessnes of some people

    billyw, Jul 18, 2003
  7. billyw

    Chris Wong Guest

    I'd recommend Cisco Press material for the CCNA. It has good reference and
    tips, especially the subnetting section. There's a new version of the exam,
    so be sure to buy the most current material.

    http://www.ciscopress.com

    --

    Chris Wong
    A+, Server+, Network+, Linux+,

    Chris Wong, Jul 20, 2003
  8. billyw

    Pugleon Guest

    Yeah. Absolutly... The 640-607 exam will expire in
    September. And be replaced with two seperate exams. One
    for general networking, and one for router and
    switches... There books are expensive, so if you can find
    the latest v3.0 curriculum it has the same material as
    the book...

    And good luck with it...

    in message
    >> What did you use to study for (and pass) the cisco

    exams?

    wrote

    Pugleon, Jul 21, 2003