Re: OSPF Equal cost balancing in serie 2500 routers

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Aaron Woody, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. Aaron Woody

    Aaron Woody Guest

    Jose,

    I am not sure about performance on 2500 series routers, but I don't
    think your OSPF metric manipulation will do the trick. Usually the
    only way to load balance HSRP over both routers is to use "MHSRP" and
    to split your host over two gateways. MHSRP is defining two HSRP
    groups therefore providing two active Gateways on LAN, if one fails
    the other will take over for it. I have run into this design several
    times and eventually you have to decide which is more important...LAN
    redundancy or load balancing. I have included an article from Cisco on
    load sharing with HSRP.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/...s_configuration_example09186a0080094e90.shtml

    Aaron

    Aaron Woody, Oct 20, 2003