Re: OS Exam...

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Andy, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    My suggestion Dex is this, install Win 2k on your PC and have a good play,
    if it's your OS already then do the same with Win98. I treated Win NT as Win
    2k as I have yet to use NT and I know they have lots of similarities.

    Practice questions worked for me, and if one asked how to start a particular
    activity or find a setting, I just minimised the practice exam and tried it
    out. I find there's nothing better than practical experience.

    Good luck with the OS test.

    "Dex" <> wrote in message
    > Hey guys... passed the Hardware exam a while back and am gonna take the OS
    > next. I've been studying with Mike Myers Passport A+ book. It got me

    through
    > the Hardware exam pretty well. I'm passing the practice exam that came

    with
    > it at about 850ish. Do you guys have any brain dumps or suggestions of

    focus

    Andy, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Andy

    Dex Guest

    Well, I'm a network admin with 5 years exp... I know most of the OS's
    covered very well. I was wondering if there was any silly nuance questions
    that are frequently asked. Some of the questions out of the practice exam
    threw me a bit.

    "Logan W." <> wrote in message
    > I would not fool with installing a new OS on my main computer.
    > If you have an extra computer, sure. Otherwise just read the OS chapters

    in

    Dex, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Andy

    Pikoro Guest

    Know your DOS, this is where most people stumble.
    They could ask questions involving the usage of F1 and F3 keys.
    Run cmd, enter any command and then type F1 and F3 and see what each one
    does. Try typing them repeatedly too.
    I can't tell you more without violating the confidentiality agreement.

    Pikoro, Jun 29, 2003