Re:Original Brand Ink Is More Expensive Than Vintage Champagne SayThe UK Consumer Association

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Heidy, Apr 4, 2007.

  1. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    Re:Original Brand Ink Is More Expensive Than Vintage Champagne Say The
    UK Consumer Association

    I want to buy a New Printer that takes Compatible Inkjet Cartridges or
    can use a Ink Jet Chip Resetter for Epson Brand Inkjet Printer?

    Which do you recommend or use here successfully from personal experience.

    Thanks,

    Heidy

    Service

    Good Quality Website But Expensive If you know a Better Value For Money
    Video On Demand Service or even Mirc www.mirc.com please feel free to
    contact me.

    Please remove the "NOSPAM" to reply

    Heidy, Apr 4, 2007

  2. Heidy

    Robert Baer Guest

    Heidy wrote:
    > Re:Original Brand Ink Is More Expensive Than Vintage Champagne Say The
    > UK Consumer Association
    >
    > I want to buy a New Printer that takes Compatible Inkjet Cartridges or
    > can use a Ink Jet Chip Resetter for Epson Brand Inkjet Printer?
    >
    > Which do you recommend or use here successfully from personal experience.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Heidy

    I strongly suggest you get any brand *other* than Epson.
    There has been some complaints regarding heavy useage; basically
    there is another resettable counter *in the printer* that limits the
    number of pages that can be printed and that it is extremely costly to
    get the damn thing reset
    I understand the cost for resetting is near the cost of the printer.
    Also, the loko "authorized" repair depot will make a big to-do about
    "major repair" which is a bald-faced lie; the resetting takes a few
    minutes and there is no apparent wear of the machine.
    Furthermore, Epson gives *NO* information or indication, much less
    warning of the existance of that damn chip.
    In fact they seem to refuse to make any comment concerning queries
    about that, and *no* info is available on their website or any other
    Epson "authorized" information source.
    That is to say, they do not disclose a purposely built-in failure
    mechanism; which i think is fraud and close to infringement of the
    Federal Uniform Commercial Code as published in the CFR.

    About 2 years ago, i bought a Canon Pixma MP130 (color printer,
    scanner, copier) for someone in Ethiopia.
    We both save money by me getting non-brand cartridges from ClickInks
    and sending them to him; the price of them is almost the same as the
    postage (total less than $10)!
    Yes, ClickInks is good for me as they and i are in the US.
    But they may be competitive with other on-line compatible cartridge
    sellers in the UK and on the net; does not hurt to check that out.
    Robert Baer, Apr 5, 2007

  3. Heidy

    whoisthis Guest

    Re: Original Brand Ink Is More Expensive Than Vintage Champagne Say The UK Consumer Association

    In article <46137dd0$0$16283$>,
    Heidy <> wrote:

    > Re:Original Brand Ink Is More Expensive Than Vintage Champagne Say The
    > UK Consumer Association

    yada yada yada... this is very old news.
    whoisthis, Apr 5, 2007
  4. Heidy

    jasen Guest

    On 2007-04-04, Heidy <> wrote:
    > Re:Original Brand Ink Is More Expensive Than Vintage Champagne Say The
    > UK Consumer Association
    >
    > I want to buy a New Printer that takes Compatible Inkjet Cartridges or
    > can use a Ink Jet Chip Resetter for Epson Brand Inkjet Printer?

    get something with no electronics in the ink

    > Which do you recommend or use here successfully from personal experience.

    Brother seems to sell their ink close-enough to cost that noone competes.

    At home I use an old canon with ink tanks separate from the print head,
    I refil the tanks using a kit made by Calidad for the colours, and a bottle
    (from House of Ink) and syringe for the black

    --

    Bye.
    Jasen
    jasen, Apr 7, 2007