Re: Organizing the IT staff

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Neil, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?UmVzZWFyY2hJVA==?=" <>
    wrote in news::

    > the right way to organize our IT staff.

    usually in a circle, or sometimes a square...possibly in a straight
    line...I also like from tallest to shortest...John down the hall likes to
    do it alphabetically....

    I will assume that you have at least had a cursory look at the MOF/MSF
    concepts? NO? oh, well then:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/techguide/mof/default.mspx

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/techguide/msf/default.mspx

    tiny url the dang things yerself....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?UmVzZWFyY2hJVA==?=" <>
    wrote in news::

    > Would you say that it would not be advisable to have an IT staff of 5
    > divided into systems and development departments?

    sometimes yes sometimes no. depends on the org but you never know. I
    would strongly encourage you not to divide a staff of one...very messy
    and there are a lot of questions from the authorities....

    (this is vaguely familiar to discussions I have had over where to draw AD
    site boundries and a whole "how long is a piece of string" item)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 19, 2004

  3. >(this is vaguely familiar to discussions I have had over where to draw AD
    >site boundries and a whole "how long is a piece of string" item)

    amazing how many companies don't understand their own corporate
    structure.... sad....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 19, 2004
  4. Neil

    billyw Guest

    you could also divide them on religious grounds.
    then there would be competition between the group and they'd all claim that
    "god" supported them...

    billyw, Jul 20, 2004
  5. >you could also divide them on religious grounds.
    >then there would be competition between the group and they'd all claim that
    >"god" supported them...

    ROTFLMAO!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 20, 2004
  6. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "billyw" <> wrote in

    > you could also divide them on religious grounds.
    > then there would be competition between the group and they'd all claim
    > that "god" supported them...

    I could also try by political bent or their sexual orientation but then I
    would have some vile watchdog organizations make my life more
    difficult...nope I will stick with tallest to shortest until the "society
    for the prevention of cruelty to the vertically challenged" kick up a
    fuss...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 20, 2004
  7. Neil

    billyw Guest

    DWARFIST!!!!

    billyw, Jul 20, 2004
  8. Neil

    Neil Guest

    "billyw" <> wrote in news:#GfZx3mbEHA.904
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > DWARFIST!!!!

    fine, I'll organize tehm alphabetically now

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 20, 2004