Re: Organizing the IT staff

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Consultant, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. Consultant

    Consultant Guest

    easy, never give developers admin rights on your servers

    "ResearchIT" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I need to advise management on the right way to organize our IT staff. Are

    there any white papers or other guidance from MS on this? I haven't really
    found anything that describes how developers and systems engineers should
    interact and who should do what. Thanks!
    > --
    > "A negative attitude is a handicap of the worst magnitude." - Author

    Unknown

    Consultant, Jul 19, 2004

  2. >easy, never give developers admin rights on your servers

    Absolutely. Tell them they have admin rights, but don't actually give
    them those rights... makes 'em feel real special!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 19, 2004