Re: orcon

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Rhino, Oct 30, 2010.

  1. Rhino

    Rhino Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 17:10:45 +1300, Anony Mouse <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I have just seen the news item about orcon losing customers' email
    >> records.
    >> I am curious to know how many people here store all their emails and
    >> contacts on their isp's server?

    >I think there is nothing like stabbing an enemy when they are down.
    >
    >Orcon suck big time and so does Scott Bartlett, Audrey Watts and Craig
    >Whitemore.
    >
    >Bartlett tossed his toys out of the TDR cot.
    >
    >http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf...con-withdraws-from-dispute-resolutions-scheme
    >
    >Audrey Watts fabricated evidence (To which Orcon has admitted), made
    >threats of complaints to the privacy commissioner, threats of a
    >complaint to the police and criminal legal action and threats of civil
    >legal action against me. None of which were ever carried out,
    >furthermore I took Orcon through the TCF/TDR disputes resolution
    >process and then the Disputes Tribunal and a district court appeal.
    >
    >I did not have the benefit of legal council therefor my case was not put
    >in the way it should have been. None the less Orcon did not come away
    >smelling of roses. My biggest failing was not citing the NZ UCE act when
    >Orcon accused me, without offering any evidence that that occurred, one
    >of New Zealand's most vocal anti spam activists, of inciting others to
    >spam them and used their C U clause to tos me.
    >
    >http://zlspam.blogspot.com
    >
    >http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=3519278
    >
    >Craig Whitemore, Orcon's senior network administrator, is enshrined in
    >Internet history. If you are in the know you will know why.
    >
    >Mr Whitemore is the owner of this out of date hate site, hosted on Orcon
    >IP space, most likely for free, targeting people and companies whose
    >only offense was to do what the law allowed in New Zealand at the time.
    >He was also partly responsible for Brendan Battles being vilified in the
    >press and Mr Battles losing his job. Not that I have any love for Mr
    >Battles the email address harvester and publisher of Master Disk 2000.
    >
    >http://spam.co.nz
    >
    >Orcon is a wholly owned company of Kordia Ltd who have been in a long
    >running dispute with NZART over market rate rental for hill top repeater
    >sites, an important infrastructure asset used in case of natural disasters.
    >
    >The outcome of this dispute is that many of the amateur radio repeaters
    >that were located at Kordia sites have had to be or are due to be moved
    >to different sites at some considerable cost to the amateur radio clubs
    >that maintain them. Amateur radio is bound by international
    >law/convention that basically says that amateur radio can not be used to
    >make money and all amateur radio clubs as well as the national
    >organization, NZART, are non profit organizations. Kordia were demanding
    >over $25 thousand dollars a year from a non profit organization.
    >
    >But wait there is more... As founding secretary of the Wireless Data
> [...]

    A wonderful diatribe, but very little of substance.

    Can you supply proof of the claims you have made? To an outsider,
    they seem like sour grapes. While you may have had a disagreement
    with them as a member of NZART, you do need to backup your statements
    with some evidence.

    By the way, I don't use Orcon as my ISP, I would just like some
    clarification of your claims.

    Cheers, Rhino
    Rhino, Oct 30, 2010