Re: Orcon usage meter not in real time anymore?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Alan, Jul 25, 2009.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    "ofn01" <> wrote in message
    > The Orcon usage meter used to be really reliable but in the last two
    > weeks it doesn't seem to update for hours or until the next day.
    >
    > Has anyone else on Orcon noticed this problem?

    Yep - I'm seeing the same problem here.

    Have you spoken to them about it? If so, what did they say?

    Alan.

    My unmunged email is: (valid for 30 days
    min probably much longer).
    Alan, Jul 25, 2009

  2. Alan

    Alan Guest

    "ofn01" <> wrote in message

    > "Alan" <> wrote in message
    >> "ofn01" <> wrote in message
    >>> The Orcon usage meter used to be really reliable but in the last
    >>> two weeks it doesn't seem to update for hours or until the next
    >>> day.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone else on Orcon noticed this problem?
    >>>

    >> Yep - I'm seeing the same problem here.
    >>
    >> Have you spoken to them about it? If so, what did they say?
    >>
    >> Alan.
    >>

    > No I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the problem
    > first - will flick them a support email now.

    Please do post back with their response if you can / have time.

    Thanks,

    Alan, Jul 26, 2009

  3. Alan

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-07-25, ofn01 <> wrote:

    > "Alan" <> wrote in message
    >> "ofn01" <> wrote in message
    >>> The Orcon usage meter used to be really reliable but in the last two
    >>> weeks it doesn't seem to update for hours or until the next day.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone else on Orcon noticed this problem?
    >>>

    >> Yep - I'm seeing the same problem here.
    >>
    >> Have you spoken to them about it? If so, what did they say?
    >>
    >> Alan.
    >>

    > No I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the problem first - will
    > flick them a support email now.

    Dear Orcon, your usage meter is working just as it should. I totally support
    this.
    Gordon, Jul 26, 2009
  4. Alan

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-07-26, ofn01 <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > Today when I went to the usage page it STILL showed my usage from over 24
    > hours ago (Despite downloading a fair bit yesterday)
    > When I logged in it had updated thankfully so I could check my usage.
    > However when I tried to do this yesterday both the usage page and the usage
    > on my account were the same, incorrect, amount throughout the day.

    Let us all support the idea of getting the cap gone, to heck with the speed,
    or otherwise.
    Gordon, Jul 26, 2009
  5. Alan

    Mutlley Guest

    Gordon <> wrote:

    >On 2009-07-25, ofn01 <> wrote:
    >>
    >> "Alan" <> wrote in message
    >>> "ofn01" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yep - I'm seeing the same problem here.
    >>>
    >>> Have you spoken to them about it? If so, what did they say?
    >>>
    >>> Alan.
    >>>

    >> No I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the problem first - will
    >> flick them a support email now.
    >>

    >Dear Orcon, your usage meter is working just as it should. I totally support
    >this.

    I've noticed that it usually updates overnite. Not real time any
    more..
    Mutlley, Jul 26, 2009
  6. Alan

    Mutlley Guest

    "ofn01" <> wrote:

    >"Alan" <> wrote in message
    >> "ofn01" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Alan" <> wrote in message

    >>> No I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the problem first -
    >>> will flick them a support email now.
    >>>

    >> Please do post back with their response if you can / have time.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Alan.
    >>

    >You last wrote this message on the 26/07/09 and I had already lodged my
    >support request to Orcon over the usage meter issue.
    >
    >They finally got back to me last week and informed me that the usage meter
    >updates every 2 hours.
    >
    >When I pointed out that it didn't and gave links to usenet and NZ
    >messageboard posts where people were complaining about the problem they
    >replied and said that their engineers know about the problem and are
    >currently trying to fix it.
    >
    >So there you go - Orcon must be the best ISP in the country with this kind
    >of prompt service.

    I have noticed mine updating more often again rather than the
    overnite it used to a month or two ago..
    Mutlley, Sep 28, 2009