Re: Opinions on this AOC LCD?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, Apr 8, 2008.

  1. In article <>, ChrisOD <> wrote:
    >On 2008-04-07, Brian Mathews <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 21:31:43 +1200, (Jamie Kahn

    > Genet) wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.c1com.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=13581

    >> Colours are Not listed and AOC is a cheap end brand.
    >>

    >Well actually specs are in the manual on the AOC site.

    I've got a 20 " one and I think it's marvellous. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 8, 2008

  2. Bruce Sinclair

    JohnO Guest

    On Apr 8, 11:16 am,
    (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    > In article <>, ChrisOD <> wrote:
    > >On 2008-04-07, Brian Mathews <> wrote:

    > >> Colours are Not listed and AOC is a cheap end brand.

    > >Well actually specs are in the manual on the AOC site.

    > I've got a 20 " one and I think it's marvellous. :)

    the 1050 line resolution is a strange number - why not 1080 I wonder
    for proper 1080p? This seems to be a common panel as they have a few
    tv cersions with component and svideo inputs and speakers built in but
    still 1050 lines.
    JohnO, Apr 8, 2008

  3. In article <>,
    says...

    > the 1050 line resolution is a strange number - why not 1080 I wonder
    > for proper 1080p? This seems to be a common panel as they have a few
    > tv cersions with component and svideo inputs and speakers built in but
    > still 1050 lines.

    Same aspect ratio as 1920x1200 and 2560x1600, i.e. 16:10.

    Heh, and I had been wondering why not 1024 like my current screen, rather than
    why not 1080 ... until I did the math to see what one might change a 30" screen
    to without changing the aspect ratio.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Apr 8, 2008