    +AD4- professional business people here want to share their thoughts and ideas on
    +AD4- how to improve the professionalism?

    These questions, they are highly unprofessional IMO. :)
    Liz, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Liz

    Liz Guest

    "Boomer" wrote:
    > Liz said:
    >
    > > "Brian" <> wrote
    > > > I'm looking for some opinions to tweak this to sound ultra

    > > professional. Any > professional business people here want to
    > > share their thoughts and ideas on > how to improve the
    > > professionalism?
    > >
    > > These questions, they are highly unprofessional IMO. :)

    > Whats all this stuff?
    > "Brian" <no.sp.id4rox@

    What are you referring to? Prey tell. :)
    Liz, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Liz

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer said:

    > Liz said:
    >
    >> +ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-no.sp.id4rox+AEA-stny.rr.com.am.no+AD4- wrote

    All this (above) Like "+ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-"

    >> +AD4- I'm looking for some opinions to tweak this to sound ultra
    >> professional. Any +AD4- professional business people here want to
    >> share their thoughts and ideas on +AD4- how to improve the
    >> professionalism?
    >>
    >> These questions, they are highly unprofessional IMO. :)

    > Whats all this stuff?
    > +ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-no.sp.id4rox+AEA

    This is how I saw your message:
    +ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-no.sp.id4rox+AEA-stny.rr.com.am.no+AD4- wrote
    +AD4- I'm looking for some opinions to tweak this to sound ultra
    professional. Any
    +AD4- professional business people here want to share their thoughts
    and ideas on
    +AD4- how to improve the professionalism?

    Doesn't that look weird?

    Boomer, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Liz

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:57:17 GMT, in
    <xu91b.1333$>
    Liz scrawled:

    >"Boomer" wrote:
    >> Liz said:
    >>
    >> > "Brian" <> wrote
    >> > professional. Any > professional business people here want to
    >> > share their thoughts and ideas on > how to improve the
    >> > professionalism?
    >> >
    >> > These questions, they are highly unprofessional IMO. :)

    >> Whats all this stuff?
    >> "Brian" <no.sp.id4rox@

    >What are you referring to? Prey tell. :)

    From your headers, in your reply to the OP:

    Then in your reply to Boomer:

    I don't know if it's your reader, or Boomer's at fault, but this
    is what came over in Boomer's reply:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 21, 2003
  5. Liz

    trout Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:57:17 GMT, in
    > <xu91b.1333$>
    > Liz scrawled:

    >>> Whats all this stuff?
    >>> "Brian" <no.sp.id4rox@

    >> What are you referring to? Prey tell. :)
    >>

    > From your headers, in your reply to the OP:
    >
    > Then in your reply to Boomer:
    >
    > I don't know if it's your reader, or Boomer's at fault, but this
    > is what came over in Boomer's reply:
    >> +ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-no.sp.id4rox+AEA-stny.rr.com.am.no+AD4- wrote
    >> +AD4-

    That's what I'm seeing, too.
    --
    "Funky."
    trout, Aug 21, 2003
  6. Liz

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:22:26 -0700, in
    <bi39ms$4rvrc$-berlin.de>
    trout scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:57:17 GMT, in
    >> <xu91b.1333$>
    >> Liz scrawled:

    >>> What are you referring to? Prey tell. :)
    >>>

    >> From your headers, in your reply to the OP:
    >>
    >> Then in your reply to Boomer:
    >>
    >> I don't know if it's your reader, or Boomer's at fault, but this
    >> is what came over in Boomer's reply:
    >>> +ACI-Brian+ACI- +ADw-no.sp.id4rox+AEA-stny.rr.com.am.no+AD4- wrote
    >>> +AD4-

    > That's what I'm seeing, too.

    I just checked with my version of XNews (05.08.12). It appears that
    Liz's reader is at fault, probably in the character set used.
    °Mike°, Aug 21, 2003
  7. Liz

    trout Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:22:26 -0700, in
    > <bi39ms$4rvrc$-berlin.de>
    > trout scrawled:

    <snip>

    >> That's what I'm seeing, too.

    > I just checked with my version of XNews (05.08.12). It appears that
    > Liz's reader is at fault, probably in the character set used.

    Ah. I see that if I turn off "use default encoding for all incoming
    messages", it looks 'normal'.
    --
    "Whacky kids, with their crazy character sets, these days. It's worse
    than the music."
    trout, Aug 21, 2003
  8. Liz

    Boomer Guest

    Liz said:

    > "°Mike°" wrote
    >
    >> trout scrawled:

    >> > That's what I'm seeing, too.

    >> I just checked with my version of XNews (05.08.12). It appears
    >> that Liz's reader is at fault, probably in the character set
    >> used.

    > As I stated last time when slumpy had the same problem, it is the
    > character setting. My font is set to "Unicode" since I spend 80%
    > of the time reading & posting in non-English groups. Sometimes
    > things get too hectic, I could forget to switch back. Anyway, I
    > just downloaded last night's posts, didn't realize they were
    > replies. It's good to know some posters have no problem reading my
    > post, I guess Xnews is not so perfect after all. :)
    > http://tinyurl.com/krt3
    >
    > Anyway, I am sending a few replies from *what's all this stuff*...
    > Let me know if you see them okay, Boomer.

    All is well now, except for your PS. ;)

    > Pardon me for not
    > replying to each individual posts, it takes too long to write when
    > I'm not in an English mood, I'm kinda busy right now. :)

    Thanks Liz

    Boomer, Aug 22, 2003
  9. Liz

    Liz Guest

    "Boomer" wrote

    > Liz said:
    >
    > > "°Mike°" wrote

    What's this stuff, eh? :)

    > All is well now, except for your PS. ;)

    That was another Unicode stuff. When you reply to my message,
    your reader changed my character set, the same way I changed Brian's
    when I forgot to switch my font back to Western European. The
    original alphabet will not appear properly unless we post in HTML!!
    I'll do it if you do it. :)
    Liz, Aug 22, 2003