Re: OpenOffice.org RUNNING UNDER WINDOWS VISTA at Wal-mart is Declared a Success (Fantastic Repsonse

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by sully1999@gmail.com, Sep 23, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Please keep your subject lines accurate Roy Schestowitz.
    So what ever happened to those Linux loaded systems that Walmart was
    trying to sell?

    On Sep 22, 6:59 pm, Roy Schestowitz <>
    wrote:
    > OpenOffice.org Free Software Proves a Success at WalMart
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | On July 18th 2007, Everex launched its first 'Back to School' PC with
    > | OpenOffice.org 2.02 into WalMart stores throughout the United States. The
    > | response was fantastic.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/application/12215/open0ffice-org-f...http://tinyurl.com/2w88cv

    , Sep 23, 2007

  2. The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    < snip flatfish droppings >

    Nice open relay you've got there, flatbrain
    --
    Microsoft software doesn't get released - it escapes, leaving
    a trail of destruction behind it.
    Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=, Sep 23, 2007

  3. Tester Guest

    >On Sep 22, 6:59 pm, Roy Schestowitz <>
    >wrote:
    >> OpenOffice.org Free Software Proves a Success at WalMart
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | On July 18th 2007, Everex launched its first 'Back to School' PC with
    >> | OpenOffice.org 2.02 into WalMart stores throughout the United States. The
    >> | response was fantastic.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/application/12215/open0ffice-org-f...http://tinyurl.com/2w88cv

    Most people don't really need Microsoft Office bloatware UNLESS they
    need it for work. You can sorta be data file compatible with OO
    although I don't know of DOCX converters. I think the DOCX format
    isn't very fancy - a zip file with xml so it should show up at some
    point.

    By the way, Google will be glad to give you a free Windows copy of
    Sun's Star Office which shares a lot of source code with Open Office
    but is supposed to have a few more features.
    Tester, Sep 23, 2007
  4. Jack Ass Guest

    wrote:

    > Please keep your subject lines accurate Roy Schestowitz.
    > So what ever happened to those Linux loaded systems that Walmart was
    > trying to sell?

    They paid local removal man to take them away as they were occupying
    unnecessary space!
    Jack Ass, Sep 23, 2007
  5. Knowledge Guest

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:36:31 GMT, Tester <> wrote:

    >>On Sep 22, 6:59 pm, Roy Schestowitz <>
    >>wrote:
    >>> OpenOffice.org Free Software Proves a Success at WalMart
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/application/12215/open0ffice-org-f...http://tinyurl.com/2w88cv
    >>>

    >Most people don't really need Microsoft Office bloatware UNLESS they
    >need it for work. You can sorta be data file compatible with OO
    >although I don't know of DOCX converters. I think the DOCX format
    >isn't very fancy - a zip file with xml so it should show up at some
    >point.
    >
    >By the way, Google will be glad to give you a free Windows copy of
    >Sun's Star Office which shares a lot of source code with Open Office
    >but is supposed to have a few more features.

    Does the Sun Star Office handle HTML as well as Microsoft Office 2007?
    Knowledge, Sep 23, 2007
  6. chrisv Guest

    sully1999 wrote:

    > So what ever happened to