Re: Opening URL's

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VanguardLH, May 11, 2008.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Mat Trimony" wrote in

    > I just started having a problem opening URL's from with-in programs
    > (Agent, Word and others). I used to be able to double-click on a web
    > address in my mail, in posts on the news groups, and other places.
    > Now, I cannot.
    >
    > I am running Win XP Pro SP2, with 1 Gig of Ram, and Agent as my news
    > reader.
    >
    > I have run virus scans, have cleaned my drive, and have done a restore
    > to a time (approximately 1 week ago) that was prior to the problem
    > starting. No new programs have been added.
    >
    > All this to no avail. For some reason I am unable to launch Web
    > addresses from with-in any aps..
    >
    > Any help really appreciated
    >
    > TIA

    In Windows Explorer's Tools -> Folder Options or the Folder Options
    applet in Control Panel, under the Filetypes tab, check what is defined
    as the HTTP URL handler. Scroll down the list and look for the "(NONE)
    URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol" extensions definition. Click Advanced,
    select the 'open' action, click Edit, and check if the following are
    what you have:

    Application used to perform action:
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -nohome

    Use DDE = enabled (checked)

    DDE message:

    Application:
    IExplore