Re: Opening Desktop Shortcuts ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §ñühw¤£f, Sep 28, 2008.

  1. Robert11 <>
    wrote<>:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Running XP.
    > Four year old Dell.
    >
    > For the past few weeks or so, whenever I click on some shortcut icons

    (seems
    > to vary) on my desktop to either go to a program, or to open a Folder

    on the
    > desktop, sometimes it works, and other times it takes many, many

    clicks and
    > tries to get it to "grab".
    >
    > Any thoughts on what might be wrong ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > B.

    Right click on it and choose properties and check the path.
    You might try deleting the alias and creating another.
    You might go out for a pizza and a tankard of ale.
    Or do what I do: light some sage and invoke the spirits for guidance.

    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 28, 2008